Chapter 6 ~ Old friend

We walked along the forest, torches in hand. The ivy grew in gnarled clumps, and the roots of the trees made most of the forest floor. We wandered for a few hours, walking in what seemed in circles, until we stumbled into a clearing.

"Oh.....My........Irene........." Leo remarked.

In the vast clearing, there were ruins of a village. A few guard towers scattered the area, and a broken wall surrounded the ruins. A large tree stood off in the distance, next to the ruins of a purple house. By that tree, there were the ruins of a small district, with its own crumbling wall surrounding it. Off on a small hill, one house stood in tact. The hill was off by a brook, and a set of glowing stones floated over the brook and into the house's entrance.

"Phoenix Drop.........." Chris muttered.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"Are we allowed to split up?" Leo wondered.

"I don't know. Look!" Melody replied. "There's a plaza there! We should look for supplies there!" She said, pointing to a large empty area by the mines.

"And then we can head into that house and take shelter!" Chris added.

"And Naomi~Chan can make food for all of us to eat!" Naomi remarked.

We went down into the plaza, and looked around. We couldn't find anything of use among the rubble. But in the center of the plaza, there was a statue made of stone. The statue was of a woman, with a pair of magnificent wings. Her face was carved to show shock, and her arm was extended with an open palm as if she was trying to stop something. Vines and moss grew on the stone, and there was a large crack at the base of the statue.

"A statue of Lady Aphmau. Who knows how old this is..........." Chris said from behind me.

"Did you guys find anything?" I asked.

"No. Maybe there'll be something in that house." Leo said.

And so , we walked up to the house. We stopped as we saw the stones that floated over the brook.

"So we just hop on the stones?" I asked.

"What else are we going to do?" Chris asked, obviously annoyed.

"Just asking."

Before we could set foot on one of the stones, an owl came in, and began to attack us.

"Kya!" Naomi yelled.

The owl swooped down on us, scratching at us with his talons. Leo managed to grab it in his paws.

"Don't hurt it!" Naomi exclaimed.

Leo took the owl in his paws, being careful not to hurt the little guy, and hugged him close to his chest as we leaped across the stones.

We made it towards the entrance of the house. Melody knocked on the door.

"Hello?" She called out.

The door opened, and a flash of light erupted from within the house. Next thing we knew, we were in the air, unable to move.

"Let us go!" Chris yelled angrily.

"Silencio!" Someone yelled in the darkness. And just like that, Chris couldn't speak.

A witch stepped from inside the house. She wore an old white dress, with a witch's hat atop her head. Her hair was gray, with orange strands here and there. Her red eyes had bags under them, and she held in her hand a white staff. The owl Leo had captured flew to her side.

"Did they hurt you, Bigglesworth?" The witch spoke to it.

"Who are you?" I asked.

She looked at me, and was about to cast a silencing spell, but she stopped. She looked at me, then at Melody, Leo, Naomi, and finally Chris. Her eyes widened, and she let go of us immediately.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I was among friends. Please come in." She said

The five of us were confused, but we agreed to follow her inside. Because let's face it, that was our only choice........

A/N So my battery is at 3%, so I need to make this quick. I have been busy drawing characters for a story idea I had in mind. It's another fanfic, just not about MCD. Let me know if you'd like to see it, because I'd like to start writing. Like I said, my battery is really low, so I'll have to talk to you when I get my charger. See you next chapter. Bye /)^3^(\