Chapter 26 ~ To find a Meif'wa

A week had passed since my encounter with Pat. I was on the outskirts of O'khasis, safely hidden away from the swarm of Shadow Knights that surrounded the area. I was beginning to think this was for nothing, when I heard his voice from behind me.

"So we meet again, beautiful."

"Pat." I turned around to see him dragging a large bag. "Don't call me that, please."

"Sorry, should I just call you angel?"

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Ok, I get it." He shrugged.

"Seriously, hold off on the flirting for now."

"How about later?"

I glared at him.

"Okay.........so, are you ready to do this?" He asked.

"How are we going to do this?" I asked.

"Well, I have something." Pat opened up the bag to reveal two sets of Shadow Knight armor. "We'll use this to sneak into O'khasis without trouble."

"What about Naomi?" I asked.

He pulled out a potion. "We'll splash her with this and sneak her out."

I cocked my head in confusion. "Where did you get that?"

"That's not important. What's important is that we get your friend out."

"Okay......" I took the armor and equipped it. Pat did the same.

"So, are you ready?" He asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said, and we braved into the city of O'Khasis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pat was right. With the Shadow Knight armor on, we were able to blend right in. We made it as far as the dungeons without much detection. We walked through the various cells. They were either empty....or their residents were rotting away until all that was left was bone.

We reached the cells at the very end. We heard a noise, and to our luck, it was indeed Naomi, still alive in her cell.

"Lexi~Chan!" She greeted.

"Sshh!" I said.

"S-Sorry," she whispered. "Naomi~Chan is really happy to see you and......who's that?" Naomi asked.

"You should have told me your friend was a lovely lady!" Pat cried indignantly.

"What did I say about flirting?" I replied.

"You only said not to flirt with you."

I sighed. "This is Pat. He's helping me get you out."

"Thank you Pat~Kun. But, where's everyone else?" Naomi asked.

"It's a long story, let's just go." I said.

Pat splashed Naomi with the potion. She immediately began to change into a small kitten, just small enough to fit through the bars. She meowed, and walked through the bars towards us. I picked her up and hid her inside of my bag.

"Let's go." I said. We turned around and made it out of the dungeon. Before we could make it outside of the fortress, we heard voices approaching.

"I'm sorry Sasha, but she's gone!" A Shadow Knight cried.

"How could you imbeciles lose this meif'wa girl? She can't even fight as well as you can!" She yelled.

"I'm sorry, but she's gone without a trace!" The Shadow Knight replied.

"Find her, or else Gene and our Lord will have your head on a pike for this!"

"Understood." He ran out of the room to avoid further angering Sasha.

"Great!" I said. "She'll figure out we're not acutally Shadow Knights!" I whispered.

"Wait for it........." Pat replied.

Sasha turned her back to us. Pat transformed into his demon form, and tackled Sasha to the ground.

"Gah!" Sasha screamed in surprise, but she shook Pat off with ease. Pat summoned his reaper scythe. I joined him with my two daggers in hand.

"I should have known someone would come back for that meif'wa girl.....GET THEM!" And with that, a fleet of Shadow Knights surrounded us.

With one swing of his scythe, Pat was able to knock most of them off of their feet. I did my fair share in taking down some of the Shadow Knights that tried to stop us from taking Naomi back with us.

"Imbeciles." Sasha sighed, and prepared herself to fight with us.

Pat rushed her with his scythe, but he was knocked down quickly. I took my aim for Sasha by throwing a dagger at her, but she meerly swiped it away as if it were a bug flying around her head. Pat once again tried to tackle her down, his hands aimed at her throat. Whilst he did succeed, Sasha was able to throw him off of her and pick herself up again.

"No matter who it be, a demon, a mortal, or a diatant descendant of Irene, I will not be defeated by the likes of you!"

Pat once again tried to strike her down with his scythe, but this time Sasha struck back with her own sword. Pat fell to the ground and lost his demon form. His scythe dissapeared along with it.

I tried to attack Sasha with my remaining dagger. She knocked me onto the floor with such ease. I have to admit, compared to her, I was nothing.

"I've had enough of people like you interfering with our Lord's wishes. This is the end of the line! I hope you enjoyed your pathetic life!"

She raised her sword to strike at me. I had the feeling that no amount of healing magicks that I could use could ever save me from this one.

"Lexi!" Pat yelled, but a pair of Shadow Knights had arrived and were stepping on his back to hold him down.

I thought it was the end for me. I braced myself for the impact of Sasha's blade, but it never came........

When I opened my eyes, a familiar head of red hair had stepped in front of me......his sword drawn to deflect Sasha's blow.......

A/N What's this? Wild actually updated both of her books today? Well, isn't this a miracle!

Well, I had plenty of free time, so I decided to start writing again. I somehow managed to write enough for both books. Which by the way, the only reason I haven't been updating "The Story she created" as much is because I started writing all of the fluff for it, but that's spoiler so that's all I'll say :P Anyway, I'll leave you to enjoy this chapter, and wonder what will happen next. See ya next chapter! Bye /)^3^(\