Chapter 1 ~ My escape

I ran as fast as I could, trying to shake off the Shadow Knights that were on my tail. The pink bag on my back shook, rattling my prized possessions. I looked behind me. The Knights were still after me, shooting arrows and throwing knives at me. I managed to doge most, but a few arrows pierced my pants and my sweater.

I ran faster, trying anything to escape. More and more Knights joined the chase. Soon, and entire squadron of Shadow Knights were chasing me through that cold, dark night.

Believe it or not, this was normal for me. Every time I was caught in public, an army of Shadow Knights would always chase me. They'd yell things like, "GET HER! OUR LORD WANTS HER CAPTURED !" I had always wondered why the Shadow Lord wanted to kill me so badly. But then again, the Shadow Lord has persecuted many. From Meif'was to Werewolves, and from witches to magicks users like myself. I do have a healing factor, but I can only heal minor cuts and bruises. Maybe my magicks is the reason why he wants me. Knowing the Shadow Lord, he would either force me to use my magicks to aid him, or kill me and my power to his, which would increase his life span.

When did the Shadow Lord take over? According to legend, there was once a descendent of the great Lady Irene by the name of Lady Aphmau. Lady Aphmau had Lady Irene's power, which was the only thing that kept the Shadow Lord at bay. But centuries ago, the Shadow Lord managed to get the upper hand on Lady Aphmau. He disposed of her and her allies, and thus gained control of the Ru'aun region. Now we live under his rule, and under constant fear.

My pink hair covered my eyes, and obscured my vision. I tripped and fell, and the Shadow Knights closed in on me. They pointed their swords and bows at me.

"We finally have you, Lexi!" One said.

"L-L-Lexi? W-who's L-Lexi?" I feigned innocence, hoping to escape once more.

"You can't hide behind innocent eyes this time!" Another yelled.

They forced me to get up from the ground. They held my arms behind my back. I took the chance, and attempted to open the smaller pocket in my backpack. I came across a small diamond dagger. I took hold of the blade, and stabbed my captor with it. He yelled in pain, falling back. I took the opportunity, and began running again.

I ducked into an alley, and managed to shake the Shadow Knights off of my tracks. I let out a sigh of relief, an began looking around the alley. There was a single door there. I took a hold of the knob, and gave it a good turn.

Unlocked..................good.

I opened the door, and went inside. I slammed the door behind me, and I locked it. I had successfully dodged the Shadow Knights, and not gotten too hurt. I had some needle and thread in my backpack, so I could easily sew back my clothes. And I could easily heal myself. I was safe.......at least I thought I was.

I felt something fall on top of me. I braced myself for impact. When I dared to open my eyes, I saw that a guy had pinned me down. He had crimson red hair, and brown eyes with rage directly pointed at me. He had an iron sword aimed at my throat. My dagger had fallen out of reach, so there was no escaping from him.

He looked me right in the eyes, and spoke in a threatening tone.

"Who are you, and how did you find us?"

A/N So after finishing my first book, I wanted to start writing its sequel. But I also wanted to start writing other stories. So, I am attempting the art of writing multiple stories at once! I'm not sure how this will go, but I'm willing to try. Don't worry, the next book following "The Crystal Warrior" will be out soon (if all goes well). In the meantime, how are you guys liking the first chapter? Let me know by leaving me some feedback in the comments. I love reading your comments. It fills me with joy. So leave your thoughts in the comments and I'll see you next chapter. Bye /)^3^(\