Chapter 11 ~ Laugh Through the Pain

The young girl began to slowly wake up. I put the girl down as she opened her eyes. They were magenta in color, which is something I haven't seen before, apart from the purple eyes of the white-haired Shadow Knight.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

She nodded. She shifted the object in her left hand and shoved in in her pocket.

"What happened to me?" She asked.

"I'm not sure. I found you passed out in the brook a few yards back." I said.

"Well, thank you for your kindness, I'll take my leave." She started to walk away, but she stopped in her tracks.

"Miss, did you happen to also find a journal?" She turned to ask me.

I nodded, and pulled out the soggy journal.

"Thank you. Maybe I'll see you around." She said as she walked in the opposite direction of Lucinda's house. The jacket on her back flowed in the wind.

I had no doubt in my mind that I would see her again.

I walked back to Lucinda's house, wondering what on Earth she'd want to do in a place like this. I tried my hardest to think of an answer, but none came to mind.

"Where were you?" Chris asked as I entered the house. Out of everyone else, he was the only one awake.

"What are you, my dad?" I sassed.

"So it's rude to look out for someone's well being?" He replied.

"Says the guy who pulled a sword to my neck the first time we met!"

"Now I wish I had actually done the deed........." He muttered.

"You wanna go?"I hissed.

"YEAH!! BRING IT ON!!" He yelled a little too loudly.

"Shush! Some of us are trying to sleep!" Leo said.

"Can it Leo! This isn't none of your business!" He yelled back.

"It is now that you've woken me up! You're going to wake up Naomi and Melody! And I don't want to know what Lucinda and Laurance will do if we wake them up!" Leo angrily whispered.

"Leo's right, we should keep it down." I said.

"Grr! You're just afraid that I'll take you down!" Chris yelled.

"You and what army?" I asked.

"You're one to talk! I have a sword while all you have is a dinky dagger!" He kept yelling.

"I'm more than a match for you!" I hissed.

"Enough! You two are starting to sound like a-" Leo started to say.

"Don't you say it!" Chris and I yelled.

The three of us could hear giggling from one of the sleeping bags.

"I'm sorry, but these two wouldn't shut up!" Leo growled.

"To be fair, Chris started it." I said.