Chapter 24 ~ Demons

The second battle.......it was horrible. I remember we had prepared to take back New Meteli as it was the closest to Phoenix Drop. We were able to hold them off.......until she arrived.

We could feel something was wrong about halfway into the battle. We had managed to take down the majority of the Shadow Knights present, but we could sense something was off. When we finally realized what was wrong, it was too late.

We heard Naomi's screech from the outskirts of New Meteli. Chris, Leo and I ran in the direction of the scream. When we arrived, we saw the Shadow Knight with purple eyes and silver hair holding Naomi by her cape collar. She was flanked by two other Shadow Knights on either side of her.

"Hmm.......I don't understand why you're fighting. Meif'wa's are more fragile than anyone else." She said.

"Let go of me, you baka!" Naomi yelled.

"My my, don't throw a hissy fit, little kitty." She said.

"Finish her, Sasha!" One of the Shadow Knights at her side yelled.

"Yeah, end her!" The other added.

"Let go of her!" Leo yelled at them.

"Oh? Why, I never guessed a werewolf would defend a meif'wa." She looked over in our direction. "Take care of them."

"Yes ma'am." The knights at her side said.

They rushed at us, but Leo and Chris managed to take them out. That left me to deal with Sasha.

I rushed up to the Shadow Knight named Sasha and tried to free Naomi from her grasp, but I wasn't able to. I didn't realize that Leo was thinking of the same thing, and he had reached her first. My strike accidentally hit him instead of hitting Sasha.

Sasha chucked. "How do you expect to defeat us if you can't even hit your intended target?"

"Lexi~Chan! Leo~Sama! Help!" Naomi yelped as Sasha shifted her grip from the collar of Naomi's cape to her neck.

"Not another word, or else." Sasha hissed.

I got up and tried to slash at Sasha again with my dagger, but I missed.

"Hmm, I think I've had enough fun for today. Let's go." She commanded.

A small group of remaining Shadow Knights huddled around her. She tossed something on the floor, and she and the other Shadow Knights vanished in a puff of smoke. Once the smoke cleared, Sasha, the Shadow Knights, and Naomi were gone.

Melody, Luna, and Lucinda rushed to our side.

"What happened?" Luna asked.

"This one Shadow Knight - Sasha I think - took Naomi!" I yelled.

"Why didn't you let me handle her?" Leo asked me.

"I didn't know you were going to." I replied.

"Well, I was." He did.

"And now Naomi's gone!" Chris yelled at me.

"You're acting as if it's my fault!" I yelled back.

"If you had let Leo take care of it, maybe Naomi would still be here! At least he wouldn't be so stupid as too let Naomi get away!" He yelled.

"HEY!" Leo retaliated.

"How was I supposed to know that he would?!" I asked.

"Quiet!" Melody yelled.

We stopped yelling to look at her.

"Look, normally Leo has Naomi's back, and I guess it's a habit for him to rush to her aid, but you should have told Lexi you were going after her, Leo." Melody added.

"I guess, but she should have been careful. She managed to strike me with her dagger." He sighed.

"Yeah! And she missed afterwards!" Chris yelled.

"YOU TRY ATTACKING A SHADOW KNIGHT AS POWERFUL AS SASHA IS! I'D BET YOU'D MANAGE TO HURT YOURSELF!" I yelled back.

"IF YOUCAN'T EVEN HIT SOMEONE THREE FEET IN FRONT OF YOU THEN......THEN MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE!!"

I could feel tears steaming down my face. His words had cut through my heart.

"If that's how you feel.......then FINE! I'm out!" I said. I turned around and stormed off in the other direction.

"FINE!" Chris yelled, his voice shaking.

"Lexi, wait!" I heard Luna yell. But it was too late, I was gone.

I walked through the forest in tears. I didn't know why Chris's words had hurt as much as they did. We had gotten into arguments before, but this time, it felt different.

"Whatever," I said to myself. "He never liked me anyways. Why does he matter?"

I heard the snapping of leaves behind me. When I turned around, I was greeted by a punch in the stomach.

Two Shadow Knights had followed me from New Meteli. They threw me to the ground before I could react. I could try to scream, but everyone else was out of my range at that point. Plus, what was to say that they would even come for me?

I struggled to get up, but they kicked me back down. I reached for my daggers, but they stepped on my wrists. I could hear the bones in my right arm snap, and I yelped in pain.

"Heh, try to get yourself out of this one!" One of  the Shadow Knights said.

The pair suddenly stepped back in pain. A figure stepped in front of me. It had blue hair, and it's skin was.......a deep purple? I could see demon horns on the side of its head, and a reaper scythe in one hand.

"Heh, look what we have here......" Its voice was warped, almost demonic.

"W-What are you?" The second Shadow Knight asked.

"Your worst nightmare......." The figure laughed and swung its scythe at the Shadow Knights. It hit them, and they scurried off in fear.

I sat up and held my wrist in pain. I began to back away from the figure as best as I could. The figure turned to me. Its eyes were white, and a black substance oozed from them. My eyes widened in horror and in fear of what it would do to me.

A flash of light emitted from it for a moment. When the light faded, the figure that had stood in front of me was a person. He had powder blue hair, and emerald eyes. His navy blue coat was buttoned up except for a few buttons at the very top, revealing a white shirt. His brown pants had a few stitches on them, as if they had been patched up before, and his black boots had several scuff marks on them. The horns on the side of his head had vanished, and his purple skin had disappeared as well.

He walked towards me. I stared at him, until he finally spoke.

"So, what's a pretty lady like you doing alone in these parts?"

A/N GUESS WHO'S BACK AND IN THE SWING OF THINGS? I AM!!! I know I didn't say anything, but I took a bit of a break from writing so I could get ideas for this book again. And it looks like I have plenty of ideas now (hehehehe). Anyway, I'm happy to be back to writing, tho I get the feeling that I might be interfering with some ships...... oh well we'll see >:3 Anyway, I'll see you guys next chapter. Bye /)^3^(\

(It feels so good to write that again :3)