Chapter 28 ~ I'm Sorry

After that conversation with Chris, Naomi walked into the room. She appeared concered, and I could only assume it was because she heard us yelling. Naomi walked up to me with a tray in hand.

"Lexi~Chan, is everything okay?" She asked.

"E-Everything is fine. It's just that Chris is being ridiculous." I let out a heavy sigh.

"Chris didn't mean to be that way." Melody walked into the room.

"It doesn't make what he said any less hurtful." I said.

"Naomi~Chan understands, but Chris~Kun deeply regrets what he said. He's been looking over you for the past week to make up for what he said." Naomi said.

"She's right. I may not agree with what he said, nor do I forgive him for it, but he does regret what he said to you." Melody said.

"What happened while I was gone?" I decided to change the subject.

Melody and Naomi took turns explaining what had happened in the week we had been separated, and in the week I was out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did you say that?" Luna had yelled at him.

"I don't know! I was angry okay!" Chris yelled back.

"Chris, that was the wrong move! You hurt her!" Leo added.

"You think I don't know that? The words slipped out of my mouth, and I regret them as much as you hate them!"

"Then talk to her." Melody said.

"You really think she's going to listen to me after I said that? She's probably never going to talk to me again!"

"Serves you right!" Leo had said.

"Shut up you--" Chris began.

"Chris! Stop before you say something you regret!" Melody had urged him.

Chris had stayed quiet. After a while, someone had come out from the woods I had escaped to.

"More people," they mumbled to themselves. It was Pat.

"Hello. . ." Leo had said to be polite.

"So, I take it you guys are the friends of the weeping angel?" He asked.

It took them a second, but they nodded.

"Who made her cry?" He asked.

They pointed at Chris.

Pat walked up to Chis, and smacked him across the face.

"Why would you ever hurt someone like her?" He asked.

"The words slipped out, and I regret it! Do you really think I'm heartless enough to not feel angry at myself?" Chris yelled.

Pat and Chris got into a heated argument. Melody split them up, and after explainations on Pat's part, he told them of our plan to free Naomi. They had agreed to help, and they set off to prepare to free Naomi.

"Great to have some help, especially if that help is as lovely as you are," Pat had tried to flirt with Melody, only to be met with a punch to the gut.

They had arrived just in time to help Pat and I. They fought along side me, until I blacked out.

What had happened, according to Melody and Naomi, was that Sasha had managed to pierce my side. I knocked out from the pain. According to them, Chris and Pat fought to avenge me, and Chris was the one to carry me home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He felt so guilty, he insisted on carrying you back home and offered to watch you until you woke up." Melody finished recounting what had happened.

"We had to bring Chris~Kun's meals up here." Naomi added.

"I don't understand why he would care." I said bitterly.

"He does care. He just shows it in a different way, and while I may not agree with how horribly he acted or how lousy his apology was, I can understand his sentiment."

I sighed.

"Anyway, Naomi and I will leave you be. We'll see you later." Melody said. And with that, the pair left me alone.

After a while, Pat came upstairs.

"So, how's my angel recovering?" Pat asked.

"Pat, I'm not your angel, but I'm doing fine." I said.

"Good. I thought we were about to lose you when Sahsa stabbed you. I-I honestly wouldn't know what to do if you had. . ."

"Pat, we've only known each other for about a week." I reminded him.

"You're still a friend, even if we haven't known each other for that long."

"Heh, thanks Pat." I said.

"No problem, beautiful." He walked up hugged me tightly. I hugged back for a moment, and then we pulled away. "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

I shook my head at Pat's flirty nature. He left downstairs, and after a while, Chris walked up. I ignored him at first, and he stayed silent for a bit.

"What do you want?" I finally asked bitterly.

"I-I. . ." He struggled to find the right words.

"What is it?"

"I should have never said that to you. . . I should never have let my anger for Naomi's capture get the better of me. I should have never taken out my anger on you. I should have never hurt you. I should never have said those things to you. . .what I'm trying to say is that. . . I'm sorry for what I said to you and for hurting you. . ."

His words weren't angry. Rather, they were sincere. I stayed quiet out of bitterness.

"I can't expect you to forgive me, but I'm going to work on keeping my anger in, for the sake of our friends. I'm sorry. . ."

He walked up to my bedside, left something on the table next to it, and left the room. There was something different about him. He wasn't his usual angered self. He was more calm, sincere, and almost quiet. It was as if he was someone different entirely, but he wasn't. I wondered if he was really sincere about what he said.

I looked at what he left. It was a bracelet with a lazuli stone charm. I felt annoyed that he would try something like this, but I didn't throw away the gift. I got out of bed slowly, and I placed the bracelet in my bag by the music box to keep it safe.

As I drifted in and out of consciousness, I thought about everything that had happened. I was so torn on how to feel about all this. Should I feel angry at Chris, or should I accept his apology. My eyes finally closed, and I fell fast asleep. His words echoed in my mind:

"I'm sorry for what I said to you and for hurting you. . ."

Did. . . Did he actually care for my feelings? Did he actually care about me?

A/N So, its late again, so I can't say much, other than this chapter hit me in the feels. I feel bad for Chris, but I wonder if Lexi will accept his apology and gift. Only time will tell. Anyway, I'll see you guys next time! Bye /)^3^(\