Chapter 19 ~ A Heart of Stone

We set Garroth down in one of the spare beds in the cottage. Lucinda got to work concocting a potion that could heal his deep wounds while I used my own magicks to heal the smaller cuts and bruises. Naomi decided that she'd make something for Garroth to eat one he awoke. Chris and Leo began to argue about something stupid once we got to Lucinda's place, and Melody tried to break up their fight. Luna decided to watch Garroth as I tried to heal him.

"It's........it's kinda weird......." Luna commented.

"What is?" I asked as my magicks took effect on a cut on Garroth's arm.

"I never thought I'd be able to see the man that who's story I had been told since I was little. It's strange."

"Even though you sought him?" I asked.

"It didn't seem as if I'd ever reach that goal, but here we are."

"Under peculiar circumstances..........." I sighed.

"Don't worry about that," She smiled. "I'm still here in spirit." I'll admit, her pun made me laugh.

As we spoke, Garroth began to stir. I stopped healing and watched as he struggled to awake.

"Luna, go get Lucinda!" I panicked.

She went downstairs as fast as she could. I stood by as Garroth moved in his sleep, eventually opening his blue eyes.

"H-Hello?" He croaked, still in obvious pain.

Lucinda came running upstairs with potions in hand. Laurance tailed Lucinda, and Naomi followed right after with freshly baked cookies and a glass of warm milk.

"Garroth? Garroth are you okay!?" Laurance yelled.

"Good to see you Laurance...... I'm fine." He struggled to speak.

"Garroth, what happened?" Lucinda asked.

"Lucinda. It's been so long since......." Garroth couldn't continue. The pain was consuming him.

"Never mind, save your breath." Lucinda opened a bottle containing a glistening red elixir. She handed it to Garroth. "Here, a potion of healing."

Garroth drank it, and he seemed to perk up a little bit.

"Thank you, but what's going on?Where's Lady Aphmau?" Garroth asked.

"We'll save the explanations for when your completely healed. In the meantime, I'll bandage your wounds and then you'll get some rest, understood?"

Garroth nodded.

Naomi made her way to the side of the bed, and placed the cookies and milk by Garroth's bedside.

"If Garroth~Kun gets hungry, he can have some cookies and milk!" Naomi offered.

"Thank you....." Garroth seemed to be getting tired, so we left Lucinda to treat his wounds, and after all was said and done, we let him rest for a little while longer.

"How's he doing?" Melody asked when we left the room.

"I suppose he's doing better, considering that he woke up." I answered.

"Does he know how long it's been?" She asked.

"I don't think so........and I can't imagine how he'll react when he realizes that.............."