Chapter 15 ~ Revealing the Truth

Luna was reluctant to share much about her goal with us, or why she had traveled here. She refused to trust any of us.

Chris, of course, angrily asked Luna about the scale. Things went as well as you'd expect, with Chris being "accidentally" knocked out by yours truly.

Lucinda tried adding a potion to Luna's food that would force her to tell the truth about the dilemma. However, Luna must've caught on. She stayed silent after eating the meal provided by Lucinda. I was beginning to see why Luna wasn't trusting us.

Naomi baked a few sweets, in hopes of earning Luna's trust that way. While I'm sure Luna (and the rest of us) enjoyed the various treats Naomi baked, we weren't getting closer to earning her trust.

Leo and Laurance didn't even try to approach Luna. They feared that they'd only scare her away.

Melody refused to help as well. She didn't want to pressure Luna into revealing her purpose for being in the ruins of Phoenix Drop.

As for me, I was still trying to remember what I had read in her journal, and trying to find the missing pieces. Nothing came to mind, and we were still no where close to solving this mystery.

With nothing better to do, Melody and I decided to walk around the ruins.

"Why do you think Luna is here of all places?" Melody asked.

"I'm not sure. Her journal did have some information, but the key parts were conveniently smudged so that I couldn't read it." I sighed.

"The fact of the matter is, if we don't find out how she obtained a scale, we won't be able to open the realm barrier."

"Why do you need to open the realm barrier?" A young voice asked. We turned around to see that Luna had followed us.

"I thought you were busy 'getting to know' the others." I said, making air quotes around the words "getting to know".

"Your witch friend made a sleeping potion so she and the others could knock me out and read my journal for information. Unfortunately, she underestimated the size of the mist that the potion caused, and everyone was knocked out. I managed to slip away before falling asleep." She answered. "Anyway, why must you open the realm barrier?"

I looked over at Melody. She nodded, as if giving me permission to discuss this with Luna.

"It's a long story.." I answered. Melody and I took turns explaining the story, and Luna's eyes widened with each detail we spilled...........

A/N Once again, I'm sorry that I couldn't update. Last week, I had a bad case of writers block, and I was dragged to places where I didn't feel comfortable writing (those being the mall and a house with my cousins sitting next to me). If I don't update within the next few weeks, it's probably because I didn't have the time, or I didn't know what to write. One more thing: Remember the selfie Aphmau took in PDH of her with werewolf ears? How much you wanna bet she sent that to FC instead of Garroth, Laurance and Travis? I'm just saying that if that happens, then I called it. Anyway, I'll see you next chapter. Bye /)^3^(\