Chapter 8 ~ A Shadow of the Past

Lucinda's face paled as she stared at the man.

"How dare you show your face here? After all you've done?" She yelled.

He laughed. "What I've done is none of your concern. Neither is living, for that matter." He said as he raised his sword.

A white staff materialized in Lucinda's hand. "Go!" She instructed. "Leave him to me!"

"Are you s-" Melody started.

"GO!!" She yelled.

We ran as fast as we could to her house, leaving her to face the Shadow Knight. Once we reached her house, I grabbed my backpack and took out the diamond dagger.

"What is Lexi~Chan doing?" Naomi asked.

"We can't leave Lucinda alone! She might not be able to stand up to him for very long!" I yelled.

"We'd only get in her way!" Melody argued.

"This isn't my first fight! You guys might get in her way, but I won't!"

"Hey! I'm not pathetic! If you're going back, I'm going too!" Chris shouted as grabbed his iron sword.

"I'm going too. Can't let them have all the fun!" Leo said, shifting into his werewolf form.

"Naomi~Chan has her claws to fight with. She won't let her friends down!" Naomi yelled.

"B-but Lucinda said-" Melody started.

"Afraid you won't be able to keep up with us?" Leo asked.

Melody rolled her eyes. "Very well......." She grabbed her bow and a stack of arrows.

We returned to the quartz monument, only to find Lucinda on the floor with the Shadow Knight looming over her.

"Pathetic.......I expected better from you. You were so strong back then. This is what happens to people who refuse to obey the Shadow Lord. They become weak." He said as he prepared to cut of Lucinda's head.

"Not today!" I yelled as we attacked.

Leo used his werewolf strength to knock the knight off of his feet. Melody shot arrows from a distance, never failing to land one on our enemy. Naomi's cat-like agility came in handy, as she managed to dodge most of his attacks. She even managed to scratch at his armor with her claws. Chris was able to face him in a sword fight, while I managed to stab at his armor.

"Little flies.." He grumbled as he tried to shake us off.

I rushed at him to attack. He swung his sword in my direction. It managed to rip the strap of my backpack. My backpack flew off my back, opening in the process. My music box fell out, and began to play its tune.

The Shadow Knight stopped in his tracks. He stared at the box, as if the song had cast a spell on him. I took the opportunity, and punched him right in the head. I managed to knock him out. He fell to the floor, still listening to the box's tune.

The knight's armor faded away. Underneath the armor, was a man with almond hair. He had a green scarf similar to Melody's, except this scarf was a light green.

We rushed to Lucinda to help her off of the ground.

"Are you okay?" We asked.

She nodded.

"What do we do with him?" Leo asked, pointing to the fallen knight.

"Bring him to my house. I want to give him a piece of my mind..........................."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Shadow Knight stirred in the spare bed inside of Lucinda's house. He began to recover from the fight. The six of us loomed over him.

"Laurance? Laurance are you okay?" Lucinda asked. So the Shadow Knights name was Laurance.

"I'm fine Lucinda, thanks." He replied. He was not making any attempts to destroy us.

"Good......" She let out a sigh of relief. And then she slapped him, leaving a red mark on his cheek.

"YOU IDIOT!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU HAVE DONE? DO YOU KNOW HOW RED YOUR HANDS ARE STAINED WITH BLOOD? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU HAVE KILLED, AND ALL THE SUFFERING YOU HAVE BROUGHT UPON?" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

"I know...........I'm a monster........." Laurance said. His eyes began to fill with tears.

Lucinda seemed to have calmed down. "Well, at least you're back to your senses. It's good to meet up with an old friend."

"Yeah............Hey, didn't you mention something about opening the portal?" He asked.

"Yes. I have everything, even the wyvern scale. I'm just missing a sacrifice......" Lucinda replied.

"I'll do it......." Laurance said.

"WHAT?!" We yelled.

"I've gained my immortality as a Shadow Knight. I'd gladly give it up if I could see my bro again. Besides, it's away to atone for what I've done." He finished.

"Alright then. I'll get all the things ready. We'll attempt the ritual tomorrow. In the meantime, you should get to know these five. They bare resemblance to our old friends, don't you think?" She asked.

He nodded.

Lucinda left the room. We each took turns introducing ourselves to Laurance. He seemed noting like the Shadow Knight that was trying to kill us before.

"It's nice to meet all of you. I'm sorry about earlier. I have no control over my alternate form."

"What was the last thing you remember before going crazy?" I asked out of curiosity.

"........................Aphmau's death..................." He replied.

"Way to go! You made him upset!" Chris grumbled.

"Shut it!" I said through gritted teeth.

"I've moved on, but I'll never forget her." Laurance said.

We noticed that Lucinda was taking a while to come upstairs. We walked downstairs, only to find her walking around the room. She paced in worry and distress.

"What's wrong?" We asked.

"They wyvern scale..............I don't have it..........."

A/N I can't believe it's been a year since the first episode of MCD aired. I may not have been there from day 1, but I love this series. We all do. I may be a little late to the party, but I'd like to wish Minecraft Diaries a happy birthday :3

~Wild_Phoenix /)^3^(\