"No, no. No! That was not a mistake. I mean, I-I don't know." He said looking away from me.

"But we can always try." I said hopefully. His head snapped up at me. "I, I felt something Enid. In that kiss." My hands tightened around the wheel.

He was silent for a bit too long. I was starting to think he would deny it. I sighed in defeat. I was about to start my car to go home when he spoke up.

"Ye-yeah." He said. I did not know whether to be happy or not. He seemed unsure. That was confusing for me too.

"Good, I guess. We should try it."

"Okay."

"Let's grab some late dinner. It's on me." I said. It was ten minutes past eleven. The restaurants were on their way to be closed for the day. The known ones would not even allow us. So we tried for a diner.

It was on the side of the national highway, not so small, a decent one. There were no one at the door to open for it, no one to escort us, but it was perfectly fine.

A waitress, with the name tag Jenaa, came to our table and asked tapping the pen on her notepad, "What would you like to have?"

Wow! Could she be anymore bored?

"Pasta and coke for me and for him, same." I said and looked at Enid. He smiled, but Jenna did not leave.

"What?" Enid asked a little impatiently.

"Listen kids, we don't have pasta."

"Oh!" My face fell as it was our favourite dish at our favourite restaurant.

"It's okay. Um, let's get burger and French fries then. Thank you." The waitress huffed and left. Enid smiled, assuring me. "I'm really hungry burger sounds tasty, doesn't it?"

"Yeah."

It was a bit awkward after that. We did not talk until burgers arrived, but then it was quiet too. I caught Enid looking at me.

"What?" I asked finally giving up.

"Nothing." He tried to laugh it off. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Fine. Ah, well, is it...? I mean we are here. In a diner. So, is it, are we, are you, do you think..." And he gave up trying to form anymore complete sentences, but I could guess what he wanted to know.

"Are you saying if we are on a date or not?" He banged his head on the table quite loudly before nodding. "Yeah, it's a date, E."

"It's a date!" He suddenly sat up straight, I scoffed. "We are dating?"

I chuckled. "Yes. I'm serious and I know that it looked a little weird as we were just only best friends not even two hours ago, and now here we are dating, on our first date."

"Yeah, woah!" He acted as if he could not believe it. "It's..."

That's right. There was no words for what we were feeling.

We finished our meal, paid the bill and went for the door. He held the door for me which made me blush. He chuckled under his breath.

This time it was me who held the door for him to hop in my car. Our way home was consisted with small talks like 'how was the food', 'did you enjoy it' or 'do you wanna listen to some music?' He answered cheerfully as we used to do. Hoping that nothing would change if we were to be together as a boyfriend, for real.

We arrived at his house. "Do you wanna come in?" He asked before opening the door.

"Sure." Nobody was there in the house anyway. Neither his parents nor Ethan. So, it was a go-go, I guessed. He opened the door and went upstairs, me following behind him.

He turned on the light before shutting the door behind him. We slipped out of the clothes, tired as hell, only leaving the boxers on.

Though I had my own small bed in his room, but I never slept on it, ever. We liked sharing a bed and it was a childhood habit, not gonna leave us, even when we started dating, right?

We slipped into the bed. The A.C. temperature was perfect, just the way I liked it. It had always been the way I wanted in his life. I love and hated it at the same time.

Loved it, 'cause the understanding was mutual. I did most of the things the way he liked it. It was a necessity in our lives. And hated it, 'cause sometimes I thought I was the one that had been controlling him. As if he was my puppet and one of these days one of the strings would broke, and he would snap so badly that I might lose him.

"E?" I asked as he had been staring at me.

"Hmm?" He asked smiling sweetly. He slid nearer to me.

"Do you think we should tell anyone?"

"What do you think?"

"You're asking me?" I asked bewildered. I turned sideways so I was facing him. "I don't know. That's why I'm asking you."

"I also don't know. We'll see about that later. Now shh... let me enjoy us, this moment, now." He said kissing my cheek. Pulling me closer, he rubbed his hand on my forearm in a soothing manner.

"Okay. Good night." I could feel him nod, as the light was off after we settled in his bed.

Yes, time would tell. Enid was with me and that was enough. I knew I loved him from the day I first saw him, although which kind of love was to be determined. With that thought I let myself drifted into a dreamless sleep.

A/N: I read this chapter just before I have published it and I cringed. Literally just... ugh!
Anyway, just laugh away.