Chapter 125 ~ Beginning Of The End

Zacznij od początku

Sachihiro turned back to Ao. "Now," he withdrew his other tanto with a grin, "where were we?"

Ao cringed.

::

"Where is Sasuke?" Rieka wondered aloud, glancing around for Uchiha. "Shouldn't Karin have healed him by know?"

Shrugging, Rieka refocused her attention to the konoha-nin bellow her. Her fingers inched to summon her scythe and behead the old falcon now, but she waited.

'I need someone to take care of his puppies' She stared down the two Root agents by his side. 

"Rieka."

She looked up, musing. 'Speak of the devil and he shall appear'

"Obito, perfect timing." Rieka leaned in towards him, far too close for comfort. "I need you to take care of Danzō's puppies. They're in the way."

Obito reeled back slightly, tugging on the collar of his cloak. "Fine. But be quick, Sasuke wants a dance with him."

"Dance? Who talks like that?"

"Madara does."

Rieka couldn't hide her smile, able to picture the great tyrant spouting stuff about 'dancing.'

"Dancing huh...I wonder if someone ever actually thought he meant literal dancing?" She mused aloud, smiling wider at the thought.

Obito sent her a look through his mask. One she could somehow decode.

"What?" She reasoned, "it could have happened.."

"I asked once and he said once." 

"R--Really?" Rieka choked on air, gobsmacked. "Who'd be that stupid!?"

A certain pink haired woman rolled in her grave.

"I dunno, maybe so-He's leaving!" Obito hissed, gripping Rieka's arm.

Danzō had begun sprinting, his two 'puppies' running behind him. They made it to a bridge before Obito vanished.

Rieka didn't have to look to know he had appeared before them. Instantly Danzō's men were at him, weapons drawn. She looked down to her hand, fist curling up tight as she listened to the signs of the battle beginning.

In an instant she was before Danzō, her scythe already drawn, black flames licking at the blade. He turned to face her, one eye sharpening as he shifted into his fighting stance. 

"Akiyama Rieka."

"Councilmen." She answered back, voice just as sharp.

Danzō's eyes flicked down to he scythe. "That belongs to Konoha."

Her grip tightened on the handle. "No, councilmen," she tensed, "it belongs to my clan. My deceased clan."

"And as it's rightful heir and remaining kin, I believe it belongs to me not Konoha." Rieka spat out the name, eyes glowering.

The air was so thick with tension that it could suffocate either one of them.

Rieka took a step forward. Danzō took a step back.

"I want to ask you only one question. I want the truth." She took another step forward.

"Who was really behind my parents deaths?"

"The Mizuk-"

"No." Rieka cut him off. "I told you, I want the truth."

Danzō's eyes didn't leave her. He sighed. And confessed.