Chapter 47 - Stitches

Ava

I didn't hesitate before quickly pulling a small handgun from my handbag, and pointing it right in his face that was currently staring at me from the car.

"Woah woah, Ava it's me" he said, trying to sound kind.

"Exactly" I spat.

"What have I done?"

"You killed him Joker, you fucking killed my husband, you couldn't just kill me could you? No. When you realised I was still alive you killed on the only thing still good in my life"

"Oh Marky poo is dead?" He said putting a "sad" face on.

"I think you already knew that"

"Well I'm sorry, I don't control the bomb" he said crazily.

"Well I'm sorry that I don't control this bullet" I said clicking the safety off.

He quickly grabbed the gun away.

"Oh no you don't, get her. Now"

Two men hopped out the car, I took off my heels and ran quicker than I've ever ran before.

"HELP!! PLEASE!!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs, trying to get attention.

A hand was forced over my mouth and I was dragged into an alleyway.

I watched as the two men ran past, oblivious to the fact I was gone.

I turned around to see who the person was, and was surprised when I saw the crazy Aussie from my first date with Mark...

"You again!? I don't know you? But anyway thanks for saving me"

"No problem, but Ava. It's me, Boomerang"

"I seriously don't remember you"

"Task force X?"

Memories shot through my head, memories of Joker and being locked away with all the criminals. They made me a part of this group. Task force X. I could remember one name in particular.

"Dead shot?"

"Yeah he was there too, and Harley Quinn, and Chato..."

I remembered a large fire when he said the name Chato.

"Did he-?"

"Yeah" he said.

"Oh"

"So, who were those bastards"

Right on cue the two men suddenly reappeared, one of them pushing me up against the wall and crushing all the bones in my back.

"Hey, who are you guys?" Boomerang said.

The two goons just grunted as if they couldn't speak English and carried on dragging me away.

He grabbed on to my hair and pulled me away, the purple chrome car growing in size as we got closer.

Boomerang tried to near us, but another gang of goons jumped out the car and beat him up. I kicked and thrashed, screamed and cried but it was like I was in a ghost town. They finally reached the car and I was forced into the passenger seat.

I felt a cold palm touch my thigh, I instantly snapped my head round to give Joker a cold hard stare.

"Can you just make whatever you're gonna do quick please? I'm fed up of your bullshit"

"Ah ah ah, seems like somebody forgot the rules"

"Like I give a damn about your fucking rules"

Suddenly a sharp pain ran through my stomach. I cried in pain, hunching over, the excruciating torture felt like it was ripping out my insides.

"What the fuck was that?" He spat.

I was still in lots of pain, gasping for air, and clutching my stomach.

"I- I don't know"

"Well get over yourself, your not pretty when you do that face"

"Go fuck yourself"

"Well that could be arranged if you were involved" he laughed maniacally, clearly very amused by his own joke, that may I add. Was not funny.

Nausea began to hit me, and a throbbing pain emitted into my head.

"C-can you s-slow down?" I said, breathing slowly.

"God, aren't you boring now" joker laughed.

----------------------------------------

I laid in the dirty bed, in my old dirty room. The location was exactly the same. The same walls. Same carpet. Same white decoration. Same slutty clothing. But something still wasn't right, that sharp pain would return every so often, and I didn't have a clue what it was.

I didn't have a clue where my dad was, but to be honest I didn't care. He'd been so distant ever since I'd married Mark. It's like he didn't like him, or he was annoyed with me. I'd nag him to tell me why he was so distant, but he'd always shrug the conversation off and start talking about cars or something.

*bang* *bang*

I heard two gunshots, so I quickly jolted out of the door to find the source.

"Joker?"

I shouted once. No reply.

"J!?"

I began to get worried.

"J, answer me now!?" Slow tears poured down my eyes.

I ran into the living room and immediately saw blood on the floor. I looked further into the room to see Joker lying there too. The blood coming from his body.

"Shit"

I ran to the small hospital room he had in his house and got the correct kit.

Wait, I could run. I could leave him to die, carry on with my life. And run.

NO!

I went right to him, he was out cold. I took his shirt off and cleaned all the wounds up, they continued to bleed so I had to be speedy now.

I pierced his skin with the tip of my needle and continued to stitch up the wounds. Once I'd stitched them both up I heard a gun click behind my head.

I raised my hands in surrender and stood up very slowly, turning around whilst I did so.

My face dropped when I saw....