Chapter 27 - Avangaline

Ava's p.o.v

We looked up at each other and I saw that slight twinkle in his eyes. He smiled at me but his eyes suddenly turned into a darker shade and he stepped back quickly.

"No no no no no" he kept on saying this over and over again, tugging on his hair.

"What? What's wrong!?"

"I'm going to hurt you Avangaline" he said in fear.

"DONT call me that" I hated my real name.

He calmed down suddenly and stood back in front of me.

"I think it's beautiful" he whispered in my ear.

I blushed, but hid it quickly with my palms.

"Get dressed! We are going to my club!" He said smiling brightly.

"What do I wear?"

"Oh yes! What do you wear? Well actually the club sounds a little strange? I think we should go to ace!" He rambled, not making any sense.

"What, why?"

"No reason!"

He came closer to me and caressed my cheek, his smile suddenly dropped when he saw my hair.

"We definitely need to go to ace, right now"

What was he on about? He left so I could get changed and I looked in the mirror, my brown roots had started to grow through, and my cheeks were slightly pink. My colouring was coming back! But he's going to take it away, he can't do that! I need to get out of this, and fast.

Before I could leave two guards opened the door, and one grabbed each arm, dragging me out the room.

"Ouch, let go! What are you doing?"

They carried on dragging me, but soon enough we reached a room, where they threw me onto a table.

I struggled, as they strapped my hands and legs to the table, then they shoved a blindfold over my eyes.

I whispered in pain when I felt something sharp come in contact with my stomach.

It felt like a thousand rusty needles stabbing my skin, and it felt like it went on for hours. In the end I stopped screaming, as the pain took over me and overwhelmed my body.

Just hearing the jokers voice again, put me even more on edge. I didn't realise he was here, and even with his sudden kindness, he is still a terrifying clown.

(Speaking of clowns, there are so many where I live and it is absolutely terrifying, comment if you have people dressing as clowns to scare you where you live)

I felt the blindfold slide off my eyes, and they adjusted to the light. They were very blurry, and I couldn't lift my head.

"Baby doll, are you there?"

I nodded slightly, regaining the feeling in my neck.

I felt a sharp pain in my head, as he pulled me off the table by my hair, he quickly stood me up and pulled me close, standing me in front of a mirror. On my stomach was a huge tattoo, spreading right across, it said

"Property of mr J"

He gives me scars, he gives me bruises. I never thought he would stoop this low.

"Don't you love it?"

"No, and I don't love you! I hate it, I'm not property!" I sobbed in a ball on the floor.

"Watch, you'll make a joke of yourself"

------------------------------

He gave me chance to clean up before we left for Ace chemicals. When we arrived I had ten guards surrounding me, pushing me whenever I stopped.

We reached the top of the stairs and joker shooed the guards away.

"I need to ask you some questions" he said.

"Would you, die for me?"

I hesitated but quickly answered.

"Yes"

What's with these questions again? Let me guess, would you live for me will be next?

"No no, too easy, would you. Would you live for me?"

Again I hesitated but answered.

"Yes"

"Careful! Don't say this oath thoughtlessly"

"I do"

"Say it, pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty - "

"Please?"

"Good" he smiled.

I turned around facing him, back towards the vats.

Slowly I fell backward, descending quickly into the chemicals. My stomach burned where the tattoo was and my ears and nose bubbled. I suddenly heard a large splash and two arms gripped me tightly.

We reached the surface and I gipped for air. Leaning down, he kissed me, and this time I kissed back. When we pulled apart we both started laughing so hard.

This is it.

I've slipped into insanity.

I love the Joker.

And there's no going back...