Chapter 39 - Real Story

"I think this ones perfect!" I twirled around in my dress. It was covered in lace, and had the prettiest back ever.

This was my perfect wedding dress. That's one thing crossed off the list then.

I drove home with the dress lying in the back seats, I'll have to hide it so Mark didn't see it. When I got to our house I quickly hung it up and rushed downstairs acting casual.

I decided to ring my dad as I was kinda bored.

"Hey dad, I'm bored"

"Well I actually need to tell you something, but it should be in person, come around to mine?"

"Okay, be there in ten"

How strange. I drove to his and entered the manor.

"Hey sweetie" he hugged me tightly and we walked into the living room.

"So I think you need to know about your life before your accident"

"Okay, I'm ready"

He turned on the tv and went into his recorded shows. A news channel from years ago came on.

"Avangaline Wayne, daughter of Bruce Wayne kidnapped by the Joker, if you see or hear anything call 999 immediately"

I covered my face with my mouth in shock as the photograph of me came up on the screen. My dad just sent me a glance and changed the recording.

"Avangaline Wayne brainwashed by the Joker? Witnesses say she has bleached her hair and skin and has been seen killing innocent people"

This is when the tears fell, what was I? I always wondered why I had white hair and skin.

"Avangaline Wayne in Arkham for murdering innocent man in public, shortly joined by partner and lover Joker"

I was in love with that?

Memories started to reappear, we were kissing? And fighting? I only caught small glimpses of memories, but the green hair and shiny teeth made me instantly identify the Joker.

I was a monster.

"Was that really me?"

"Yeah sweetie, and you weren't in a car accident. I'm not sure what happened but when you were in Arkham, you got some kind of injection or electricity through your brain, and you forgot everything"

"Oh, well I'm better this way I suppose" I sighed.

"But is he trying to find me?"

"I'm not sure baby, but we won't let him get you, not this time"

I just nodded.

What the hell, is my life.