Chapter 40 - Til Death Do Us Part

I shuffled down the grass, my dad holding onto my arm. When we got close enough he let go, kissing my cheek.

I walked up to Mark, who held my hands.

"Ava, I love you. I always will and from this day onwards, nothing will ever hurt you. I'm so glad you didn't know what coffee was, if you didn't we might not have been her right now" we both laughed at this.

"But just know that, I love you. And no matter how we may argue, or what I might say in the future, I mean none of it. I'm so in love with you Avangaline Wayne"

I smiled, a tear escaping my eye.

"Mark, oh my god Mark! I know you don't think this but I love you more. Even after finding out my real story, you stuck with me. That shows you love me, and I couldn't ask for a better man to marry right here, right now. I hope I never have to do this whole wedding thing ever again, so you better not leave me! I love you Mark Davison, more than anything"

"I do"

"I do"

Tiny drips of rain started falling as we kissed sweetly.

We both slipped the rings on to each others fingers.

"This is all very sweet, but can we wrap this up, I think Ava wants to be with me now lover boy" I turned to see the monster I never wanted to see ever again, and now he was ruining my wedding.

"Please just go, somebody is going to get hurt Joker"

"Yeah, him if you don't come with me"

"Babe, stay here, let your dad deal with it okay?" He kissed me quickly and I kissed back before shrugging him off and walking over to joker.

"Please just go, the cops will be here and Arkham isn't sounding very good to you is it?"

"Oh Ava, this could have been us!" He laughed.

"I suggest you leave. Now"

"Why?"

"My dads here"

"Oh batsy?"

"Yes and I don't want anyone getting hurt, even you"

"Even though it's my fault you're insane in the brain?" He said.

"Yes"

"So please leave, because somebody will get hurt joker"

Just then screams erupted as the police stormed onto the cliff we were getting married on. The rain much heavier now.

"Hands up Joker!"

He put his hands up but laughed hysterically at all the cops.

One of them raised their gun and I suddenly got worried. Why at my wedding though? They could have picked any god damn day and they pick the day that's meant to be perfect!

The chaos didn't die down and apparently joker made a sudden move as a gunshot echoed through the air. Joker dodged it quickly though. I guess the gun shot go everyone quiet, including me. I held my chest tightly, in shock.

"See joker, I told you"

I turned around to face him. His face staring blankly at me.

"Somebody is going to get hurt"

I choked out before removing my hand from my chest. The blood seeping through my perfect white dress. He stared in shock, trying to run to me.

I fell, but Mark caught me, cradling me in his arms.

"Somebody get help!!" Mark shouted, tears pouring down his face.

"It's okay, the rain, it will help"

"Help what?" He cried.

"The rain, it- it will make the flowers grow" I choked.

"And you will get to see them flowers, we just need to stitch you up and you'll be fine" he stammered.

"You bury me, right on this cliff okay? I will see the flowers" I smiled.

"No n-no, we won't have to bury you Ava!"

My body started jolting and I coughed as I looked at him.

"Ava please, stay with me"

"I love you" tears poured down my cheeks. The pain was excruciating and I couldn't hold on for much longer, but I had to for as long as possible.

"You, you find another wife. I won't be mad, don't hang on to me forever. You promise me?" I choked out.

"I p-promise" Mark stuttered.

"You tell my dad, you tell my dad I love him and that I never want to see him mourn over me, or you"

He nodded, tears still flooding down his face.

The coughing got more vigorous, and my body started seizing. White dots covered my vision and I knew I didn't have long left.

"Mark, mark I lo-"