Chapter 33 - Dent

Ava's p.o.v

I laid in bed, tracing my fingers over the scars, particularly the now faded tattoo saying "property of mr j" across my stomach. The laser took most of it away, but the reminder of that day was always there.

James was actually one of henchmen, I know, you're probably thinking, why am I going out with somebody linked to joker? Well one we love each other, and two James got forced to work for him so it's not fair. There will always be that uncertainty though.

I got up and got dressed, I'm guessing James was downstairs as he wasn't in bed. I decided to wear a light blue crop top, showing off the tattoo, much to my dismay. Also some high waisted skinnies, that kinda covered it. The one scar that bugs me the most is the slit he cut in my cheek, the others I can cover up. But no makeup can cover where a knife cut through your skin. It's a constant reminder of the first time getting kidnapped. It makes me sound so vulnerable "kidnapped" I'd rather say stolen. Because I was, stolen from my dad, family, he stole my life and I'll never be the same again. And I won't let him steal anything else.

I walked downstairs, pushing the thoughts to the back of my head.

"James?" I said, peeking my head round the corner.

"James!?" I shouted a little louder.

I heard mumbling coming from the balcony, and I made my way over.

"Ava, stay inside!" I heard James shout.

The tears threatened to spill, imagining what was going on outside.

I rushed back into the kitchen, and opened the draw, pulling the bottom out. Underneath I had hidden a gun, James didn't know about it. I grabbed it and held it up walking carefully round the corner. If it was him. No, no it can't be! He isn't here, he doesn't have a clue where I live! When I got closer to the balcony, the scene unfolded. It wasn't joker.

It was two-face.

And he had James, with a gun to his head. I screamed to get the attention in me, hopefully he would let James go.

"Let him go!"

"He killed my men babe, nobody, kills my men"

"I won't hesitate to shoot you Dent"

"You shoot, he falls, and wouldn't that be sad"

I heard footsteps from behind me and I turned around, seeing two men grab both my arms.

"Say bye now" Harvey said.

Now the tears did spill.

I mouthed I love you to James.

He did it back before Harvey and his men pushed him off the balcony.

I struggled in their grip. Thrashing around and kicking, screaming and crying. Anything to get heard by anyone. But I was too late. The men were carrying my to my room, tying my hands to the bed post.

"Do what you want, just bring her back. Alive"

----------------------------------------------------

I was thrown into the back of a van, wearing only my underwear. They had raped, beaten and cut me. I never thought this would happen to me. Not again. And this time, my father didn't have a clue. Why me? If I hadn't had saved Joker that night, i would be fine, I couldn't let him die though. My job was to save people, but where is he to save me? He did say "when do I return favours?" But he also said he loved me. I thought I loved him too, but things change I guess.

The van bounced and I was thrown to the other side. All I could do was sit and wait.

--------------------------------------------------

The doors opened, revealing a bright light nearly blinding me. I was dragged out and thrown to my knees, scratching my skin in the stones. I shivered in the cold, and I looked up to look at his hideous face.

"Why hello, don't you look ravishing, take her in, tie her up, Whatever"

I was dragged along the floor by my hair, the stones ripping away at my bare legs.

They tied me to a chair in the middle of a room, it was bolted to the floor and my hands were handcuffed, as well as my feet, both to the chair. My head flopped as dizziness took over me. But an abrupt slap from one of the men quickly woke me up.

"where is he ey?"

"Who?" I snapped.

"Oh you know, pretty boy? Clown?"

I clenched my teeth.

"The clown prince of crime" he said in a baby voice.

"I don't know"

"Oh but we think you do" he grimaced.

"I haven't seen him for two years!"

"Awwww is our little doll upset that she hasn't seen her Mr J" my head snapped up when he called me doll, reminding me of Joker.

"Two face will love you, you were so good back at your place. We can do that again some time?" He laughed menacingly as I cringed pulling my face back when he got closer, kissing my neck.

He started getting lower, pulling the top of my bra straps down, now kissing my collar bone.

"Better save you for the boss eh?" He said gruffly, leaving my bra straps hanging on my shoulders and walking out.

The door opened a little while after, revealing Harvey himself.

"Hello Ava, I hear you're quite the catch"

"Please, what do you want?"

"I think you know what I want"

"Joker? I don't know where he is I swear!"

"Do you know how I got this scar?" He said shoving half his face to mine.

"N-no"

"Joker, blew up my girlfriend. And your dad could have saved her! But he saved me, the fire burnt my face"

"H-he was trying to help"

"Well he didn't, she should have lived"

"Well don't punish me for that! I wasn't even involved!"

"Oh don't worry, I'm not punishing you for that, I'm just trying to find the bastard responsible for it all" he spat.

"Really I don't know, why me? I haven't seen him for years"

"Well once we get word out that we have you, he'll come rushing"

"And then?"

"We kill him"

"No! Please don't kill him, kill me! I don't have anything, I'm not needed am I?"

"But as you said, you didn't do anything, now follow me, you are going to get changed, we are going out"

He untied me and grabbed my arm firmly, when I whimpered his grip loosened slightly. We got into a room filled with dresses and shoes, he left me there and locked the door.