Chapter 45 - Boom

Ava

Never have I ever missed somebody as much as this. Now I know what you're thinking... and no I'm not talking about Mark, I'm talking about Joker.

He always made me feel so alive, I'm definitely better off without him but something urged me to go and talk to him. That would be easy, however I had no idea where he was or what he was doing. Knowing Joker he would be kissing Harley Quinn or chasing after my dad.

It had only been a few weeks since I woke up, nobody could believe it but everyone was very relieved that I was safe and home.

It was mark that knocked me from my thoughts.

"Hey Ayv babe, we don't have any ice"

"No problem" I laughed.

I stood up and walked over to the glass of water, I reached my hand out and my blue lights illuminated in flowery patterns on my hand. The top layer of the water froze, making it perfect to break up and drink.

"You're getting scarily good at that" He laughed.

"Just wait till you make me mad" I replied.

"Hey I want to take you out, just for a walk but I want to take you somewhere" he smiled.

"Okay I'll go get changed"

I ran upstairs quickly and changed into a black top and a flannel, I pulled on my ripped jeans and topped off the look with my white trainers.

I skipped downstairs, very excited as to where he was going to take me.

We walked around, him taking me to an ice cream shop first. I got the classic, 99 with a flake. We then stopped off for a coffee, this was particularly cute as this is the first thing he showed me.

Finally we went to the place we met.

The bench outside the park.

We sat down and he put his hand on my knee, me then clutching it in mine.

"I love you" I said, looking into his eyes.

"I love you too" he said slowly kissing my forehead sweetly.

"Hey look how awesome that car is" he said.

Before I could even see the purple glisten of the Lamborghini, there was a huge explosion from inside the building next to us.

Ringing entered my ears, making me see everything four times.

I was thrown back, not getting too hurt by the fall but getting up quickly and dusting myself off.

"Mark no!" He ran into the burning building next door to help the people inside.

"Ava stay here okay? Promise me!"

"Please hurry" I cried.

I frantically looked around for the familiar car, but it was nowhere to be seen.

I pushed my hair back in stress, pacing away from the building, breathing heavily in and out. Come on Mark.

I decided he was taking too long so I ran towards the door. However before I even got close, there was an even larger explosion. I wasn't close enough to feel the impact, but this could only mean one thing. Mark was gone.

I fell to my knees and screamed in pain, crying as I watched the building fall down. When somebody grabbed me by my shoulders I didn't even notice.

"Mark no. Please no" I cried, thrashing once I realised I was being taken away from the scene.

"Let go of me!" I finally got out of the persons grip and ran back towards the rubble.

I couldn't find anything, my nails breaking and fingers bleeding as I scavenged through the burning debris.

(I know bodies wouldn't survive an explosion but go along with it please)

I finally saw a lock of brown hair poking through the bricks. I ripped the bricks from around him away, revealing his whole body. He was burnt, bruised and cut severely. I cried over his body, kissing his lips hoping he would suddenly wake up just like I did. I took out a wipe from my bag and cleaned all of his face. The remains of cuts were plastered to his face but he looked as if he could be asleep.

"Oh Mark, we never got it easy did we?" I cried, lying uncomfortably on the bricks and holding his hand, my head on his chest.

"I-I love you Mark"

I heard the sirens of ambulances in the distance, but I never wanted them to arrive, I wanted there to be another explosion, so I could die with him in his arms.

I realised that my life would never be the same again. And that whatever feelings I ever had for the joker, were overshadowed by hatred and fear.

The snow began to fall.