Chapter 16 - Dont Let Me Down

Ava's p.o.v
"What's so good about me then huh? Or are you just trying to ruin my life, because so far it's working?"

I looked at him in the car mirror. He looked slightly pained for a moment, as if I'd said something that hurt him.

"You look good in green and purple" he commented ignoring my question.

"Thank you?"

"I don't want to hurt you, you just annoy me"

"So take anger issue lessons, get a therapist, I don't care just don't take it out on me"

Right now I really couldn't care, he could kill me if he wanted.

"I suggest you shut the fuck up or you will have other things coming"

He turned on the radio to drown out my whiney voice.

Don't let me down came on by The Chainsmokers came on.
I started singing along, I was still drunk after all. I mean if I was sober I would not be singing in front of that creep but I'm probably gonna die anyway.

"I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah, I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head, darling I hope
That you'll be here, when I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-Don't let me down"

It got me thinking about Jason, he really let me down. I needed him so much and he let me down. Now I'm gone again. The most annoying thing about it is that they had a clear view of the table where Joker was, and they were watching me kiss that dude. Why didn't he see Joker drag me away, or grab my arm. He definitely had enough time to help, but he didn't?

My thoughts were interrupted by the car door opening and Joker reaching his hand in to grab me. I flinched as his hand got closer and I closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt his hand gently grab mine, taking my hand in his. He pulled me slowly out the car and we walked inside. This is the Joker I like. The non-maniac side of him. It's a shame you don't see a lot of it.

"You have a really nice singing voice"

"T-thank you"

Of course the maniac had to return and when we got inside he threw me into a room and locked the door behind him. He laid me down on a metal bench and I didn't fight back, there was no point. He strapped me to the bench with leather belts and handcuffed me.

He then grabbed a very bright light and shoved it in my face. I just stared up with no emotion. I was a blank slate.

He started getting annoyed at my none responsive face, and rummaged around his tools furiously.

"Aaahh"

That was creepy.

He grabbed two metal rods and shoved them in my face.

"What are you gonna do? Kill me? Go ahead, I have nothing left, you'd be doing me a favour"

"Oh I'm not gonna kill ya"

He said smiling in my emotionless face.

"I'm just gonna hurt ya, really. Really. Bad"

He said moving the rods in a circular motion with each word. He then pressed a switch and the rods started making electric sounds. I just rolled my eyes and shut them, waiting for the pain to overtake my body.
When the rods came in contact with my skin it felt like they were burning two holes in my head. He noticed I wasn't flinching and moved to my sides. He cranked up the intensity of the electricity on the machine and slammed the rods into my side. This time I couldn't help it.

I screamed in utter agony as I thrashed about trying to get away from this monster.

"Aaahhhh all done"

Joker undid the belts and took the handcuffs off. I struggled to stand but he didn't care, my body trembled as he shoved me down the hall and into my room.

"Go to bed"

Charming.

I changed into the baggiest top I could find. When I was changing I noticed two circular burn marks where he had put the rods on my tummy. I could also see the "mine" scar on my shoulder and the bullet hole that had been stitched far too many times. He ruined me. My body is so ugly now.

I wonder where my dad is right now? Shouting at Jason for not looking after me? Looking for me? Looking for Joker? Even asleep, not even realising his girl has been kidnapped again for the third time? God only knows, but these are the thoughts that sent me into a long uneasy sleep.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I woke up and sat up wearily, yawning as I stretched out. I got up and stumbled over to the mirror. My lipstick was all smudged and my hair was ratty. Luckily there was a brush on the side, strange. I brushed through my hair and removed all the knots. I then washed my face in my bathroom and hopped in the shower, washing my hair and body. I out the towel on my head making a towel turban and wrapped another around me. I browsed through the slutty clothes I didn't miss one bit. I found the lace underwear, and this time went for purple.

I found a short black crop top, which was very tight fitting, but was very flattering for my curves. Then I picked the longest shorts I could find, which were still pretty short. This was good, it showed off all my scars, he will see what he is doing to me. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I don't know. I knocked loudly on my door and waited for a response.

Somebody opened the door, I looked up and there stood Joker, with no shirt on and just his Arkham Asylum pants on.

"Can I come out?"

"Yeah sure, breakfast is on the table, I'll be down in two"

I sauntered downstairs and started eating my breakfast. It was cereal but it tasted like soggy cardboard covered in sugar, how could he eat this?

He came downstairs and ate his, we sat in silence and when he finished I started washing up. I don't know why I just felt obliged to.

"Oh my god"

"What?" I asked.

"Did I do that?" He pointed to my stomach.

I just looked up at him and blinked. His face dropped, and he stormed out of the room. Well that was strange, he was aware that he was giving me the scars at the time. I just about finished washing the dishes when I heard crashing and banging from upstairs, I ran up and found him throwing everything in his office around. The place was trashed. He heard me come into the room and aimed his gun behind him without looking and shot. Luckily it missed but only because I dodged it. He turned around and his angry expression turned into sorrow.

"Sorry I thought it was one of my goons, what do you want?" He mumbled.

"I wanted to see what was happening"

"Well you saw, now go! Get out of my sight bitch"

I looked at him confused and walked out of his office and into my room.

I can't believe I call it my room, it wasn't my room. My room was nice, it had a nice bed and nice walls and my dad was there every morning to wake me up for work, and we would have breakfast together and go. Then I would catch criminals with him and my kinda boyfriend. It wasn't perfect but it was perfectly imperfect.

I never noticed how much my family mean to me, they were everything. Even Alfred. I missed them so much. I'll never see them again, thanks to him. I started crying myself to sleep thinking about them, I didn't even know what time it was. But right now I didn't care, I just wanted to be home.