Chapter 3 - Saving a life

Ava's p.o.v
I arrived home, still a bit shaken up from the experience. That man needs serious help.

Slowly I slipped into some pyjamas and slid into bed,I turned on the news and on every channel there were stories of the joker escaping Arkham Asylum. My head started spinning. This can't be because of me, can it? , he's not out to get me is he? I started panicking and turned off the tv.

"Don't be stupid Ava he's a villain, he's known for escaping prison, you are totally fine" I repeated over and over trying to calm down.

I payed down and began drifting off to a restless nights sleep.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I slammed my hand on my alarm turning it off. I walked over to my wardrobe glancing through my work attire. I decided on a low cut white shirt with black high waisted trousers and some black flats.

I walked to work again, the cool bite of the winter breeze nipped the tip of my nose as I strode down the streets of Gotham.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
My shift was long and boring with only two patients, one had an ear infection and the other was just a bad migraine.

I left the building striding down the streets, when I heard a loud gunshot right around the corner, my breathing quickened as I searched for the source of the sound.

I turned into a dark alleyway, I shouldn't be doing this the joker is out here somewhere and it's late, but is somebody is injured I need to save them.

I heard groaning coming from the alley, I got my phone and turned on the torch. I couldn't believe my eyes, his teeth glistened in the light. His hair so vibrant against his skin.

The Joker.

Laying half dead, right I front of me.

I can't help him! No way he's my dads enemy! But he's also a person and I need to save his life.

I rushed over to him, kneeling down next to him.

"Hey are you awake? It's me Ava, Ava Wayne I want to help you"

"Piss off, I don't need your help"
He slapped me across my face, luckily not with much force due to the fact he had been shot and was weak. But it still hurt like a bitch.

"Tough, your getting it"

"I will kill you if you help me"

"Well that's a chance I'm willing to risk"

I shuffled through my bag looking for my travel first aid kit, I found it pulling out tweezers and a needle, perfect.

Crap I need to stop the bleeding, I had nothing... I rummaged around for some material but no, I had none, well you gotta do what you gotta do, I ripped my shirt in half, as it was very thin material, and wrapped it around the wound, pressing down. He groaned every time I pressed down harder. I began using the tweezers to find the bullet, I succeeded and threw it to the ground.

"Now this is gonna sting okay, but stay with me now"

i stabbed the needle through his skin, he stayed as still as possible while battling through the pain. I finally finished and I let him rest.

"You wanna borrow my phone to ring someone?"

"Nah, just leave me here"

"I can't do that, you might d-"

"Just leave"

I left, processing what just happened.

I just saved the jokers life.

My dads gonna kill me.

No cars were on the road and all you could hear were the faint noise of police sirens. Suddenly a loud engine noise filled my ears, I turned round and a purple Lamborghini was speeding down the road. Some people are so stupid, might be saving his life later.