Chapter 4 - Black and Gold

Ava's p.o.v
I ran home processing what had just happened. I'm so dead. The Joker knows who I am and I just saved his life! Hopefully this puts me in his good books and he doesn't try to kill me. I can only hope.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was the day my dad finally arrived home, and we were currently decorating our ballroom for the surprise party. The guests were arriving in around two hours and my dad in three. I couldn't wait to tell him about my promotion, he is going to be so proud of me!

I finished blowing up the last gold balloon and went to get changed.

I stripped of my clothes and hopped in the shower. After washing I jumped out and began to dry my hair.

Now for my outfit!

I decided on a black and gold dress with matching heels, then I loosely curled my hair and pinned half of it back. I then started my make up; covering my face in a light foundation and adding winged eyeliner, then I finished off the look with a sexy red lipstick. Done! (Look at the picture :P)

I looked at the time. 9:58 perfect.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"SURPRISE"

I ran over to him attacking him with hugs.
I don't know how Alfred persuaded him to come to the ballroom but who cares, my dads home!

"I missed you honey, how've you been?"

"I missed you more but you'll never guess what! I got a promotion, I'm now a full time nurse!"

He picked me up, spinning me around in a circle, he planted a massive kiss on my cheek and hugged me tightly.
"That's my girl! I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you daddy! Well I'll let you talk to your friends, I'm just gonna head out onto the balcony, I need some fresh air, it's a little stuffy in here! "

I smiled at him wandering out of the room to the balcony.

The fresh air hit my face as I glided to the barrier. I closed my eyes thinking about him. Every time I close my eyes he is there, I just can't get him out of my head.

I heard a click and I turned around. I nearly fainted as I saw the face I never wanted to see again, with a gun to my head.

"Boo"