Chapter 21 - Breakfast and Puddin'

Ava's p.o.v
The guards dragged me back through the prison and shoved me into a cell, they tied my hands to the floor so I couldn't move them.

Moments later guards walked past again, this time accompanied by Chato. He sent me a sympathetic look and I looked sadly back at him.

My life is over. If- no when I get out, I'll never get a job, everybody will be scared of me and last of all the Joker will still be after me. Not to mention Jason.

Another guard came in shortly after and un-cuffed me, then he threw some orange clothes at me. I'm guessing I was supposed to get changed, but definitely not in front of him.

"Get changed"

"Here?"

"Yes"

"Will you look away then?"

"No, I'm here in case you try to escape, now get changed!"

I pulled off my top, and pulled down the leggings I was wearing. I was now left in just me underwear. I heard crazy laughter coming from outside and I saw the crazy Australian dude looking through his window at me getting changed. What a creep. I looked down and noticed all the scars and bruises, and so did the guard I'm guessing.

"Did the joker do that to you?"

"Y-yes?"

"Okay, I will leave you to change"

He swiftly left the room and locked the door. Strange.

I didn't like the look of the uniform, so I ripped the top into a crop top with no sleeves, and ripped the trousers into shorts. It was really stuffy and hot in here anyway so that's better.

I wasn't actually as upset as I thought I would be, which is strange really. I'm quite happy to just have peace and quiet for once, I like not having all this drama all the time, you know?

I'm guessing they weren't going to come back and handcuff me again, so I laid down on the bed and drifted to sleep.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

"Miss Wayne, breakfast" A guard shook me awake and handcuffed me violently, he grabbed me and dragged me into the dining hall. When we got there he took the cuffs off and let me go.

I walked over to the food, but it all looked disgusting so I passed. There was an empty table in the far corner so I took my chance and sat on it.

"Hey boys, look what we have here" A rough dude said.

"Nice" Another commented.

One of them grabbed my wrist, pulling me up and into their chest tightly. He stunk of body odour and smoke.

"Hey get off her"

I peeked around to see Chato stood there looking angry.

"Or what, I'm toast?" He laughed.

"No but you can be if you want?" He said, lifting his hand up and producing a small flame in his hand.

They threw me to the ground and walked away in annoyance.

"Are you okay, mamacita?" He asked, grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

"Yeah, thanks" I smiled lightly.

I shivered in the coldness of the room and he took his top half off, revealing his toned, tattooed torso. He wrapped it around me and I pulled it closer.

"Won't you get cold?"

He pulled his hand up smirking, letting a small flame form in his palm.

I giggled slightly and he noticed my discomfort.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you"

"No it's not that, it's the fact that me dad runs this place and now his daughter is in it. Do you think he'll hate me?"

"No, you shouldn't be here, you have committed no crime"

Our conversation was interrupted by an annoying height pitched squeal. Harley Quinn.

"Hiya new girl, can I have a word?" Harley giggled.

"Yeah... Yeah sure"

She took me to the middle of the room and shouted.

"Nobody steals my puddin'!"

She leapt on top of me and started punching me harshly in the face, I just let her. Hopefully she kills me and this crappy excuse of a life would be quickly over.