#8: Ferris Wheel

I looked into Jaejoong's eyes when he said that, and I managed a smile amidst my tears. When he saw me smile, a sense of happiness crept through him, and he pulled me into his arms.

*HONK HONK HONKKKKKKKKK*

The both of us were shocked by the loud horning, and pulled ourselves apart to see what was causing the loud commotion.

"EHHH... MISS...... U STILL WANT THE CAB A NOT?!!!! U HAVEN'T PAID YET LEH!!!!"

"Gosh... I totally forgot about the cab... My things are all still in the cab!!!"

"Hee hee...", Jaejoong tousled my hair with his hand, "you're such a scatterbrain... Come, let's go..."

And he grabbed my hand, tugging me along, as he ran towards the cab.

"Sorry uncle... Can take me... erm... us... to Marina Bay now? Thanks."

The taxi driver turned to take a look at us.

"Aiyo... *shakes his head, and smiles cheekily*... so you two reconcile already lah?? Ha ha..."

Jaejoong smiled embarrassingly, nodding his head in agreement as he turned to look at me. When I saw him do that, I felt a sudden pang of embarrassment, as the driver had most probably seen everything that happened just now! My face flushed red with embarrassment, and I turned to look out the window, to avoid looking at either one of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a unbearable 10-minutes ride, where the taxi driver was chatting throughout the entire ride to Jaejoong about us, we FINALLY reached our destination...

AND escaped the clutches of the never-ending taxi driver...

I hopped out of the taxi and breathed a sign of relief...

"Phew... at last... no more taxi uncle..."

"Yeah... just the two of us...."

Jaejoong walked over to me, and took my hand in his. His eyes looked at the circular architecture nearby, and then back at me.

"So... care to tell me why are we here?"

".... erm... well... it's just that I thought you were in a bad mood, and then I remembered that I read somewhere in an interview... that you like Ferris wheels by the sea... And I realised there was one here for a special carnival... so... I... thought it might cheer you up... if you came..."

His eyes brightened when he heard what I said. And he turned so that he faced me, putting his hands on the sides of my shoulders, and leaned down so that his face was at the same level as mine.

"... you mean you... you wanted to bring me here just to cheer me up???"

"...erm... yeah... I thought you liked Ferris Wheels..."

The corner of his mouth curved into a smile.

"Well, I DO LIKE Ferris Wheels... But you remembered something wrongly..."

I gave a puzzled look.

"...huh... what did I remember wrongly???"

He stared at me with his mesmerizing eyes in a way that I felt like I was going to hyperventilate and faint anytime soon.

"... erm...I really.... can't remember... I don't know... I have... erm... very bad short term memory... Can't really remember things very well... Which is why Fifi calls me blur queen..."