~Old Ways~

Sorry for not updating yesterday! I was active, just writers block!

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

"Aphmau, just go out" Aaron suggests, typing ferociously on his laptop.

He must be working.

"Aaron I can't, Lilth and Alina...." He cuts me off, looking up from his screen.

"Just go. Get some coffee with Katelyn or something, to discuss wedding dresses or whatever you guys talk about. Just. Go. Out." He commands.

"Well, if you insist." I surrender, slyly snatching up my phone.

I contact Katelyn to meet me at the cafe around the corner.

I try to hide the smile on my face.

I fail.

I love my family, but......well you know.

I swing on my purple coat in a smooth motion, flipping my hair back so it doesn't get caught behind the jacket.

I almost sprint out of the house, darting down the sidewalk towards the cafe.

Enjoying the air hitting my face, I spread my arms out, feeling the wind wrap around me.

Freedom

Sorry to say, that's what I felt.

Absolute freedom.

I enter the cafe, taking a seat at a small round table, with a chair on each side.

I take a seat, checking my phone to see if Katelyn was here yet.

"Seat taken?" I hear a familiar voice say I raise my head, and my heart sinks.

"Aphmau?" The voice questions, expecting an answer.

Guess what? I don't answer.

"Are you okay?" The voice asks again, his tone dropping to a concerned level.

I still don't answer.

"Its me. Gene, from high school." Gene states, trying to meet my eyes.

He succeeds. 

I finally speak. "What do you want Gene?" I say, in a mutual tone.

"Its been a long time, you look......fat?" That I was appalled by, but then realized where he was coming from.

He must of noticed my face.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry!" He pleads, guilt in his eyes. 

"Its fine, I actually just had a baby." I say, a smile growing.

I could not wait to see his reaction.

"Oh...you're married?" He asks, sadness in his voice. His smile fading.

"No, getting. Aaron and I are planning to go to the Bahamas to get married." I say, my smile growing wider.

Is it weird to see someone in pain and enjoy it?

Is it weird to see someone suffer and wish they feel the pain that you have felt?

"That's nice....look Aphmau, I want to apologize for what I did to you in high school, it was mean and selfish...can you forgive me?" He pleads, taking a seat.

"Why should I forgive you? Why, after everything you've done, should I relieve your guilt?" I retort, my voice rising.

"That's why I'm asking, I know I don't deserve it, but with time, I can make it up to you, please?" He implores.

I'm surprised by his response.

It was almost, smart.

99% of my brain, my body, my conscience, wants to me to shoo him away.

But then, there is the 1% .\

Have a nice day my crystals!