~Justice~

Thank you all for 691 views!

Aphmau's POV

*Play Song*

I drag the sharp tooth comb through my knotted raven hair, digging the sharp ends into my scalp.

I try to distract myself from the matter at hand.

I glance in front of me, towards my dresser's mirror.

I was wearing a black sweater and jeans, my curly hair dropping down to under my shoulders.

I was wearing black mascara and cherry flavored lip gloss.

I was wearing high heeled boots that went to my shins.

I'm short okay.

Those were the good things about me at the moment.

Then there was the reality.

My neck and hands were irritated with sweat.

My eyes and cheeks riddled with tears.

I gave up on reapplying my mascara long time ago. 

Now only tiny streaks remain.

I gently place my comb on my dresser and exit my room.

I descend down the stairs, slowly.

Every step was like stepping on red hot charcoal.

I scan the living room, finding Aaron talking to Cadenza, who was going to take care of Lilth.

Lilth was in Aaron's arms, he looked reluctant to let her go.

So would I.

Also downstairs, was Katelyn, Nicole, Laurence, Garroth, Zane, and Dante.

They were going to be testifying.

Katelyn caught a glimpse of me and smiled and gestured me over.

I returned her smile as my heels clucked at the wooden floor.

Everyone was dressed up in suits and dresses.

Even Katelyn wore one, she was NOT happy about that.

We had to be there at 12:00.

It was 11:20.

We had to leave.

I already knew we had to leave, so I walked over to Aaron and he gave me a grim look. 

He handed her to me.

I hugged her and tears outlined my cheeks.

Lilth was sleepy, it was time for her afternoon nap.

Cadenza came over and rubbed my back.

"Aphmau, its okay.....Lilth will be right here when you get back..." Cadenza said.

I could tell she was trying to hide her doubt.

I didn't respond. 

I just hugged her tighter. 

Everyone was sharing the same expression.

It was silent.

Just my sobs breaking the silence.

Then I feel two strong arms wrap around me.

I lean into his chest, still holding Lilth.

He rests his chin on my head, speaking few but meaningful words.

"Aph...you are the best mother for Lilth out there.....a jury and judge will see that...and even the opposing council will see that too......I can see it.......everyone else will see it too..."

"Now, lets go fight for our daughter"

He gently release me and transitions to take Lilth from my arms.

I let him.

We exit the house and hop into Eric's minivan again, he volunteered to drive us.

I looked out the window to see our house disappear into the background.

It was a silent car ride, nothing like the ride to the beach.

We arrived at the courthouse and walk up the large steps to enter to enormous building.

I don't know much about court so bear with me please (bear with me....bear....I'll stop.)

We enter the courtroom and take our seats.

 Aaron and I were sitting at a table near the front, while the others were sitting in benches behind us.

Our lawyer came in and sat next to us. 

We shook hands and waited for this horror show to begin.

A elderly man wearing a long black robe enters the room, everyone stands. 

When the elderly man arrives at a chair at the very front of the room, he speaks.

"Please be seated." 

We all sit.

After opening statements, I was chosen to go on the stand. (Which is to sit on a chair near the judge and be questioned)

I raised my hand and said the oath to tell the truth and prepare myself for questioning.

I played with the cuff of my sweater, sweat generating before the questioning even started.

My lawyer walks up to my chair and starts to speak.

"Ms. Phoenix, you have been Lilth's caretaker for the past few months, is that right?"

I nod my head.

"How did you come to acquire guardianship of Lilth?" She asks.

"Well, she was in a car accident on the street I live on and she was trapped in the car with her parents and I rescued her from the car, after her parents were declared dead, Aaron and I went to the adoption agency and became her legal guardians." I said, surprisingly not shaking.

I look away and look at Aaron. 

He gives me a small reassuring smile and then I turn back to the lawyer.

"When Lilth's parents were dying, was there any family members there?" She asks, but was interrupted by the other lawyer.

"Objection!"

The judge yells back. "Overruled......continue"

"No, there wasn't." I said.

She nods and says "no further questions" and returns to her seat.

The other lawyer stands up and waltzes over to me. 

He speaks.

"Ms. Phoenix, you are 16, turning 17 soon?" He starts, but was interrupted.

"Objection!" Yells my lawyer.

"Sustained, please stay on track" The judge states.

"My apologies, you and Aaron Lycan are caretakers of Lilth, right?"

I nod my head, wondering where he was going.

"You are a sophomore and he is starting in college, this must take up a lot of your time?"

"No, I have friends and a mother who helps me take care of her."

"Okay, and you have known of Aaron's father, Scaren Lycan, being the leader of one of the world's most dangerous gangs, does this not factor into this child's safety?" He asks, anger build ed inside of me.

"You are to know that Aaron Lycan is nothing like his father, he cares for Lilth, he does more for her that even I do, he loves her, and he put that man in prison." I stated, enraged.

"He left you and Lilth for a few months....to go to his father....while you were pregnant with his child.....what does that say about him being committed?"

HE JUST CROSSED THE LINE

Have a nice day my crystals!