Flash-Time Vault

*MARIANNA'S POV*

I was running, the wind pushing my hair back and my legs propelling me forward. The field surrounded me as I kept going, passing families, various couples who wouldn't keep their hands to themselves, and of course, Barry.

He watched, as I trained and trained, something I hadn't done in a while.

After the accident, I had become broken. Something inside had snapped and I was suddenly fragile. Useless. I had lost the ability to walk without my legs collapsing. I couldn't control my movements.

This was a year ago.

As I kept running, I remember the feeling of the car crashing into us from the side, crushing the metal and crunching the windows. I was useless as I pushed and shoved at the door that wouldn't open. As I clawed my seatbelt off, looking over at my best friend who had blood all over her body. She had lost her pulse 10 minutes after and I was still trying to get out. My lugs were failing me but I kept going.

Once Barry had finally gotten there, it was too late. The damage had been done.

I was on the brink of death, and he wasn't even there.

I didn't realize tears were covering my eyes until I had fallen to my knees on the grass.

Barry had run over and kneeled in front, holding me and letting me cry.

I didn't want him to see me like this, but there wasn't anything I could do.

I had been broken.

And he was my bandage.

"Marianna, are you okay?"

I turned, looking at Cisco who couldn't take his eyes off of me.

"I-I don't know."

He walked over, his arms extended as I walked into his embrace, not doubting it for a second. I knew he was a keeper the moment I had been bruised.

"I promise it's going to get better."

"I hope so."

He let go of me, as I walked towards the monitors and looked at the map.

Barry had run off towards the bank as I stayed and observed.

Yes, I had been in an accident, but I could still function.

"Guys, are you there?"

"Yeah, we're here."

"Where did he go? I just.. he's gone."

My fingers clicked on the keyboard as I looked for our missing metahuman. Cisco helped, as we both took less than a second before my monitor lit up.

"He's downstairs."

I could hear Barry's footsteps as Cisco ran to the cells, opening one. I jogged behind him, before feeling a rush of wind and my hair coming over my eyes.