Flash-Crush?

Mariana walking into CCPD noticed that Joe immediately got up from his desk, grabbed her arm and dragged her towards the elevator. Confused, she looked at him, looking for any signs of a joke or some kind of prank but noticed that something was wrong.

"Hey, Detective, what's wrong? Where are we going?"

Joe let a breath out and paused, without answering any of Mariana's questions.

"It's... complicated." Joe explained as he led Mariana to his car, "Just, come with me."

Mariana sat in the passenger seat, putting her things behind her and waiting for Joe to get in, who was calling someone on his phone.

Getting to S.T.A.R. Labs was a miracle. Mariana really didn't see it coming and she immediately thought a million thoughts in her head regarding safety. She really didn't trust this place, especially after what it did to Barry, but somehow, she still had hope about this place. She knew that Dr. Harrison Wells had wanted to help Barry so she didn't really feel bad about it. She just had a bad feeling about what could be waiting inside. Or who, most importantly.

Once Joe and Mariana walked inside, she sucked in a breath, running straight to Barry, who was passed out on a hospital bed in the same corner from 9 months ago. Holding his hand, she frowned.

"What did he do now?" Joe asked Caitlin and Cisco, who were pacing like madmen infront of their monitors.

"He basically went up against a meta-human who can turn into poison gas and almost got himself killed." Cisco stated the obvious as your heart quickened seeing that Barry's chest was barely puffing up due to the tubes inside his nose, helping him breathe better.

"Is he going to be okay?"

"We hope so. Since he can heal fast, he pretty much has a 90% chance of living. 80%, no 75%."

"Cisco.." Joe's worried voice made Mariana turn around, glaring at Cisco.

"Caitlin help."

"He'll be fine. I promise." Caitlin walked over to Mariana and placed a hand on her shoulder, her thoughts and worries drifting away.

Pulling a chair over, Mariana sat down next to Barry and sighed.

"Please, wake up." she whispered.

Mariana's eyes started to close as she put her head down on the bed, close to Barry's shoulder as she fell into a deep sleep.

The bed started to shift as Mariana regained consciousness, waking up and seeing Barry open his eyes. He moved and shifted as he tried to shrug off his sleeping consciousness. Mariana lifted her head from the edge of the bed and smiled.

"The Streak lives." Cisco said with a smile as Caitlin walked over to the bed where Mariana and Barry were.

Barry got up an inch and flinched, laying back down and cringing.

"Ugh. My chest feels like that one time I had a cigarette." All of them looked over at him and raised an eyebrow as Barry continued, "Yeah. Teen me lived for danger."

Caitlin scowled at Barry, "This isn't funny. You could have-"

"I didn't."

Everyone relaxed as Harrison Wells neared the hospital bed where Barry was at. Mariana scooted over to make room for Wells as he smiled and talked to his whole team, only looking at Barry.

"Now that we have a sample, we'll get to easily analyzing it. we'll figure out the poison makeup. Maybe even get a clue to his human identity."

"Or at least a way to stop him from turning into a Mist--" Cisco said. His eyes widened, "The Mist! That's his name, okay? End of discussion!"

Mariana looked at Cisco with a glare as he cleared his throat and walked over to his computer, trying to ignore her glare that was burning into his back.

Barry sat up and twisted his neck, getting his movements back as he got up, flinched and limped out of the cortex, much to Mariana's protest.

"You should be resting." Wells sang.

"I have to talk to Joe."

Mariana had barely noticed that Joe had left, since she had fallen asleep halfway though the day, waiting for Barry and getting her much-needed nap. 'Where the fuck was Joe?'

She was clueless and decided to follow Barry, keeping him from any trouble and from getting hurt.

--

"Barry, be careful."

Barry tripped over the pavement as Mariana grabbed onto his arm, fighting his body and walking up the stairs.

"I'm okay." Barry sighed as he looked at Mariana, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For always being there.. Without you, I honestly don't know how I could have gotten out of so many fights. I am basically alive because of your help back there."

Mariana chuckled as Barry gave her a side hug, burying his face in her neck as she wrapped her arms around his body. They held on for longer than Mariana thought as she smiled.

'What the hell am I feeling?'

Once Barry let go of Mariana, her cheeks turned bright pink as the elevator doors opened, revealing a bunch of officers rustling around, yelling and papers flying everywhere. Barry and Mariana headed over just as Detective Joe walked over to them.

"Joe, what's wrong?"

"Captain Singh lost a few papers, some of which contained evidence of the gas attack at the mall."

"Are you serious?"

"Why does Captain Singh always loose things? He could be Barry's twin.." Mariana sighed as she let go of Barry and walked over to her desk, going through papers and pulling out evidence.

A loose paper fell from her desk as she crouched down and grabbed it. Going through it's notes, she soon realized what it was.

Getting up, she neared Captain Singh's office. Knocking, she walked in and saw him talking to Detective Vudkovich.

"Sorry to interrupt, Captain."

"What do you need, Detective Dawns?"

"Um, I think I have found what you're looking for."

Mariana handed Captain Singh the paper and immediately, his eyes widened.

"H-how did you know I was looking for this?"

"Well, isn't that what everyone is looking for?"

"Yes. Yes, that's correct. Thank you, Detective Dawns."

Mariana nodded her head and walked out, heading over to where Joe was with Barry.

"W-"

"I found the paper.."

"Oh.."

Barry sent a smile her way as her cheeks flushed.

'What the hell? Am I... in love?!'

Much to Mariana's brain protests, she indeed was. And she couldn't believe that it was with the one and only Barry Allen.