Flash-Information

Marianna was inside Barry's lab, looking as he pulled down the same board that she had seen last night.

"Alright, this is everything that we know about Harrison Wells, which is actually not a lot."

"Didn't you read a whole book about him?"

"Yeah.. Six hundred pages, and the big takeaway is that he's enigmatic."

"Your mom was killed by a speedster. Wells' machine turned you into a speedster. That's way too many coincidences for someone who grew up in a very mysterious childhood."

"Do you think that he wanted me to become The Flash?"

"Everything he's done, since that night you got struck by lightning: bringing you to S.T.A.R. Labs, giving you the suit, training you, it's all been to keep you safe."

"And to make me faster. Wells once said that he needed more speed from me. Why?"

"I don't know. But he wants something from you, Barry. We just need to figure out what it is."

"Well, let's go get him! Let's get some answers."

"As much as we might want to do that, Barry, we can't."

"Marianna, you had your suspicions about Wells from the very beginning. You thought that he might be the man in yellow!"

"Except the blood from your house didn't match him."

"Alright, so maybe he's not the Reverse-Flash. But you think that he knows what happened that night. He might be the key to getting my dad out of prison."

"Whatever Wells wants from you, it started 15 years ago. He's been patient. Scary patient." Barry stood up, Marianna turning around to face him, "You gotta listen to me on this. We have to be.. just as patient."

"Yeah."

Marianna grabbed the end of the extra board and pulled it down, revealing a Central City map, which now covered their information wall.

Barry and Marianna suddenly heard a loud bang, as they turned around and looked outside the window. There was smoke coming from the city park, as Barry ran out of his lab and towards the park, already in his suit. He immediately went to one boy who was reaching out to a little present that was floating down from the sky. Pulling him away, the box fell to the ground and exploded. A nearby man ran towards the boy, enveloping him in a hug.

"Henry. Nice name."

Back at S.T.A.R. Labs, Marianna was with Barry, Caitlin, Cisco and Wells. They were looking at a video that had been posted not long ago after the park incident.

"Talking in the third person, never a good sign."

"You're just mad because he named himself."

"Actually, he didn't. From what I remember Joe telling me, twenty years ago, Central City was hit by a series of terrorist attacks. One man killed at least 10 civilians, two cops. That guy called himself The Trickster."

"Woah, someone was rocking the unitard."

"James Jesse?"

"Like, Jesse James, only more twisted."

"Where is this, Mr. Jesse."

"From what I remember, at Iron Heights, serving several life sentences. He was the most dangerous thing Central City had ever seen."

"You mean, until the Particle Accelerator blew up."

"Um.."

"Barry and I will go see this James Jesse at Iron Heights. See if he can give us something that can help us catch his groupie."

"I'll analyze the video and see if I can figure out the source."

Barry walked out of the Cortex as Marianna was stopped by Wells, Caitlin and Cisco listening as well.

"Hey, Marianna, is Barry doing all right? He seems.. cranky."

"Even The Flash  wakes up on the wrong side of the bed some mornings. He's fine."

Marianna walked with Barry, inside Iron Heights, as they both looked around.

"I've never seen this part of the prison before."

"Me neither, but apparently, they had to build this cell specifically for James Jesse five years ago."

"Why?"

"A criminal psychologist set up weekly visits with him. Apparently, James talked the shrink into committing suicide."

When they reached the door, a guard handed Barry a bag of red licorice.

"You're gonna need these."

The door buzzed open and both kids walked inside, seeing a man sitting in a chair.

"Ladies, gentlemen. Please, be seated."

Marianna and Barry sat down in both chairs that were in front of the glass, separating them from James Jesse.

"I'm Detective Marianna Dawns, this is Barry Allen. Um, we'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Mmm. I can smell them in your pocket." James sing-songed as Barry stood up with the licorice in hand, as he put it in the little metal tray and flipped it over.

"Yesterday, hundreds of these parachute bombs were released throughout Central City."

"Huh. Fun idea. But not an effective delivery system. How many died?"

"No one, luckily."

"You know, when I was free and at my height, a day without casualties was like, well, like the Cubs winning the pennant. It just never happened."

James chuckled, Barry glaring as he turned to Marianna before explaining the situation.

"The explosives I found in the parachute bombs had the same explosive composition as the bombs you set off 20 years ago."

"That's impossible," James looked at both of them in disbelief, "i never told anyone that formula."

"The signatures are an exact match."

"He called himself The Trickster too, just like you."

"He is nothing like me detective.. nothing!"

Marianna sighed. "Do you know who he is?"

James sighed, looking at both of them before answering, "Oh. If I did, I would tell you. So you can find him, cut off his head and throw it right in his face. Now this," he slapped the picture against the glass, "is obviously the work of a rank amateur at best. A mere pretender angling for my throne."

"I hear you. So, are you going to help us catch him? Prove there's only one trickster."

James chuckled, grabbing a twisler and pointing at her. "Trying to trick the trickster, Marianna?" He passed the redvine under his nose, twice before answering. "No. There's only one way this could have happened. Whoever he is.. he must have found my lair. I ask only one thing: when you find this.. shtick stealer, this gimmick grabber, this pathetic wannabe fake.. make sure, your safety's off."

James Jesse starts chuckling, tearing off a part of his candy and chewing, watching as both friends walk out, closing the metal door behind them.