Flash-Drunken Mess

Barry was alone, Iris had left with Eddie to have dinner and he didn't have plans. So, he called the first person he thought of, Caitlin.

"Hey."

"What bars did Shawna and Clay frequent?"

"Uh, mostly south-side dive bars. Why?"

"I was just gonna check them out. See if they fall into any old habits."

"It's a good idea." Caitlin paused before smiling. "I'll join you."

They both ended the call before Barry ran over to one of the bars. Walking inside, he sat down at a nearby table, waiting for Caitlin. There was a karaoke bar today and he listened, as many drunk people walked up and sang whatever song came to mind. He turned just as Caitlin walked through the door.

"Hey.."

"What?"

"Nothing... you just, uh.. look really.. nice."

"I don't always dress like a high school principal."

"So, this is where Shawna Baez and Clay Parker used to hang out."

"It is, according to the files. I thought we could kill two birds with one stone. Look for them, and get ourselves back out there."

Barry smiled, chuckling as he shook his head, sighing in disappointment.

"I keep making the same mistake. Every time Iris falls, I race to pick her up, thinking that one of these times things are going to change. But, things are never gonna change, I am just destined to be just a friend."

"At least you're not pinning for someone who burst into flames and wants nothing to do with you."

"What is wrong with us? We're in our 20's. We should be having fun. We should meet people. Go on lots of dates."

Caitlin sighed, smiling as she reached for Barry's drink.

"Well, here's to liquid courage."

Barry's eyes widened as he watched Caitlin drink it completely.

"Uh.. that is very fast."

Caitlin put down the empty dup as she sighed, getting the attention of a nearby waiter.

"You drank all of it."

"Excuse me. I would like to start a tab."

Barry turned, shocked as she smiled, nodding.

"Okay."

Barry walked over to the bar as Caitlin disappeared. With many attempts, Barry was unable to grasp the attention of the waiter.

"Uh, excuse me. Could I get some water? Yo. Excuse me. For real?"

Caitlin's voice rang through the bar as he turned around, to find her on top of the stage, where two microphones were now positioned.