Flash-Lightning

Mariana walked into CCPD and headed over towards her desk. She had always tried to get to work on time, but it always caught up to her. As she sat down on her chair, Detective West walked over to her and greeted her.

"Hi Mariana."

"Hey Detective."

"So, we have another case. Victim came in contact with the killer. Could you analyze the skin samples?"

Mariana nodded and went upstairs, to the office her and Barry Allen shared. Once she walked up, she noticed he was already at work, analyzing the samples before she could eve knock.

"Hey! That was my project!" she pouted as he walked over and smiled.

"Sorry, but you were a couple minutes late so I decided to take over."

"Allen, c'mon, you can't claim that I am a couple minutes late when, sometimes, YOU are half and hour late!"

The test beeped and both Mariana and Barry looked at each other, before running over to the computer.

"I got it!"

Both of them stumbled on each other's footsteps and fell on the floor, Mariana over Barry.

"How come you are always there to catch me?" she whispers as she gazes into his hazel-green eyes.

"Maybe because I  am supposed to be there.."

Both Barry and Mariana heard footsteps nearing their lab and she immediately stood up, grabbing Barry's hand and hauling him up. They bent over the computer console and Joe immediately walked in.

"Hey, are you guys working?" he smiled.

"Uh, yes.."

"Alright.."

"Are you guys going to the Particle Accelerator grant opening, tonight, right?" Joe asked and both Mariana and Barry perked up, smiling and nodding.

"Of course! It's only the best thing that will ever happen to the world with physics!"

"Alright.. Iris is coming by later to pick you guys up." Joe said as he smiled at us.

"Ok. Bye, Joe!"

He walked off and both Barry and Marianna smiled at each other, and turned towards the computer once more.

| | | |

"Mariana, Barry, it's nice to be able to go out all of us together like old times.." Iris sighed as she walked with Mariana on one side and Barry on the other.

Walking inside S.T.A.R. Labs was Mariana and Barry's dream. Iris, on the other hand, needed an article for her "blog." So instead of actually understanding the Physics, she was getting Barry's thoughts and "translation" for her blog. Mariana, was kind of just invited by Barry, and Iris went along..

"Hello. My name is Harrison Wells. Tonight, the future begins." Harrison Wells, proudly spoke into the microphone as Barry and Mariana's eyes glowed, pulling all the physics from his words into their brains.

Suddenly, Iris felt a pull on her bag and turned around, her bag disappearing and someone running away.

"No! Hey@! He's got my laptop, it's got my dissertation on it!" Iris yelled as Mariana ran for the bag, Barry following close behind.

They ran through the crowd, out the doors and towards the back of the building. Following Mariana close behind, Barry saw the boy who took Iris' bag and pulled Mariana behind, causing Barry to get hit by the bag, right in the nose and fall on his back.