Flash - News

Barry was with Wells, Caitlin and Cisco when Mariana walked inside the Cortex.

"What's wrong?" Mariana turned to Cisco, who she noticed, had tears in his eyes.

"Hey, are you okay? Guys, someone tell me what's going on."

Mariana looked around the room, immediately knowing who was missing.

"Where's Bette?"

"Eilling killed her.."

Mariana gasped as she walked over to Cisco, embracing him in a hug.

"Cisco.. oh my god I'm so sorry."

Caitlin, Barry and Wells neared them as all of them embraced in a hug. Everyone's pain was radiating off each other as they knew how Cisco must feel. He basically died of a broken heart. Another metahuman that wasn't hell-bent on destroying the city had won Cisco's heart. But Eilling had to go and stomp on his heart, shattering not only his love, but her life as well. I guess that's what everyone had gotten used to. Not everyone felt emotional attachments to meta's, except for Barry, but everyone was determined on helping each other. And no one was going to hurt anyone else from Team Flash again. Not on Mariana's watch.

"You know what? I think we all need to forget our worries. Why don't we go have a drink?"

Cisco laughed as he knew how Mariana had always loved getting drunk. Something to take away the pain, she said. And that's what they did. They headed over to the nearest bar and drank their first shot, getting Barry to feel buzzed once again.

"So, are you buzzed?"

Barry nodded, coughing as he felt it through his body. It buzzed him for sure.

"Damn, this is good stuff."

As soon as he put down the empty vial, it all vanished. In a flash.

"And it's gone.."

Caitlin frowned as she shrugged, "Work in progress."

They all hugged, knowing the team was back on track.

After a couple more shots, Mariana couldn't even walk straight. She was having trouble even looking at someone square in the eye. That's why they dared her to play a round of Darts. And every time she would miss, she would drink another shot.

"C'mon! You can do it!"

The crowd chanted as Mariana swayed on the balls of her feet, a dart in hand and one eye squeezed shut. Lifting her hand, she threw the dart with her eyes closed, and heard no sound. Opening them, she saw the dart was sticking on the board.

The crowd cheered as Cisco was forced to drink another shot.

"Damn."

"Alright, I think everyone has had enough."

Barry walked over to a cheering Mariana and lifted her up.

"Ready to go home?"

"Uh, I don't feel so good."

Barry quickly ran outside as Mariana's stomach threw everything onto the pavement, the contents of the liquid has finally taken its effect.

"Fuck. This is what I get for drinking too much ... again."

"Barry?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you take me home?"

"Sure."

She grabbed onto Barry's neck as he ran all the way to her house, quickly leaving her on the doorstep and running to get the rest of the team to their own houses.

"Damn if. I forgot I don't even have my room fixed.."

As Barry came back, Mariana had dozed off on the steps of her house. She couldn't even wake up if you shook her hard enough. She had finally passed out.

*BARRY'S POV*

I carried her inside as I looked at the mess her house was. She had told me she didn't have anything but I hadn't actually payed much attention to that. Getting her into her pajamas was actually quite simple. Her bed, as I realized, was just a mattress as I felt bad for leaving her here by herself. As I grabbed Mariana with a better grip, I ran over to my apartment, and put Mariana straight on my bed. She rolled over on her side and stayed asleep, little snores coming out of her mouth every once in a while.

He knew it would be awkward if Mariana woke up to him next to her so he decided on sleeping on the couch, which, was actually pretty comfortable for him, so he didn't really mind.

'This is what you do for friends.'