Flash-Honesty

Barry was waiting for Caitlin at the elevator, cup of coffee in hand as he heard the doors open. Turning, he saw Caitlin completely covered.

"Hi."

She flinched, turning to look at Barry before sighing.

"So loud."

"Oh. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Let's just say I envy your inability to get drunk."

They both walked to the Cortex as Caitlin tried to forget the memories from last night. Her scarf almost covered her chin as big, round black sunglasses framed her face, covering her bloodshot eyes. Wearing black was probably best for her, as she tried not to make any sudden movements whistl walking along with Barry.

"I don't remember much from last night."

"Yeah, that's probably for the best."

Barry nodded as he brought the cup to his lips, smirking as he sang a little to Caitlin.

"Summer lovin--"

"Oh, god. That I do remember."

Barry laughed as he remembered how Caitlin had acted at the bar.

As they walked into the Cortex, Barry noticed Cisco and Wells waiting for them, Cisco looking guilty and Wells looking pissed.

"What's wrong?"

"Cisco has something he needs to tell you."

"Hartley's gone."

"He escaped from the pipeline? How's that even possible?"

"I let him out." Cisco paused, looking between Barry and Caitlin, his gaze stopping at Caitlin. "Are you mad? I can't tell with those glasses on."

"I'd like to yell and wave my arms, but I'm afraid I'd throw up."

"Why? What were you thinking? You know how dangerous he is."

"Hartley said he knew what happened to Ronnie."

Caitlin took off her glasses, staring at a guilty-looking Cisco as he explained to everyone what had happened.

"I told you to let it go. I didn't want you looking into that for me."

"I wasn't doing it for you. I... I sealed Ronnie into the accelerator before it blew. He told me to wait two minutes. And I waited, but he didn't come back. And I can't stop thinking, 10.. 20 seconds, and Ronnie wouldn't be like he is right now. I've wanted to tell you so many times. I'm so sorry."

"So you carried that around this whole time?" Caitlin walked around the computers as she looked at Cisco. "Do you know what Ronnie would say if he was here? He would say that you did the right thing. It wasn't your fault. What happened that night wasn't anybody's fault."

Caitlin looked at a teary-eyed Cisco as she gave him a crooked smile.

"Come on. Don't we have a teleporter to catch?"