Flash-Rage

"No signs of macular damage. Your retina and cornea seem unaffected."

Barry turned the light off on the camera situated in front of his eye.

"I told you, I'm fine."

"You said Bivolo whammied you. No desire to do MMA on any of us?"

Barry turned to Felicity with a playful smile on his face.

"No. Yeah, I mean, something weird happened with his eyes for a second."

"Weird thing?"

"Yeah, everything went red."

"You were right."

"Okay, next thing you know, Bivolo was gone. Look, obviously his powers didn't work on me, so.."

"It was stupid for you to go out there alone. You take too many risks. As fast as you are, that's gonna catch up to you."

Barry turned around to Caitlin. He seemed desperate and frustrated.

"Caitlin, I'm not Ronnie. You gotta stop treating me like I am."

Caitlin sucked in a breath, trying not to scream at Barry for his words. Instead, she tried a different approach, frustrated and confused.

"You're right. You're not."

She walked away, outside the Cortex to cool off, leaving Felicity with Barry.

Felicity sighed, crossing her arms over her chest as she walked over to Barry.

"What?"

"You are such a lovable dummy."

Barry's phone buzzed in his pocket as he pulled it out, looking up at Felicity with a tinge of anger in his system.

"It's Oliver. He want's to have another session."

"I'm sure he's not gonna shoot you again."

Felicity paused, as she turned around, walking back to the desk.

"Maybe you should wear body armor."

"Thinking of new ways to embarrass me?"

Oliver turned around to Barry, bow in his hand as he registered what he had just told him.

"I'm not trying to embarrass you, Barry, but you wen't after Bivolo last night alone and you lost him."

Barry rolled his eyes, anger tinging in his breath. He had almost had enough of Oliver.

"Pftt. And you've never had a misstep?"

"Of course I've had missteps. Barry, I have been living this live for almost eight years, encountering things that you can't even fathom, and I'm still alive. Not because super speed kept me on the ground. It was because I realized that I needed to keep learning, keep training, keep getting smarter. And until you get that, despite your best intentions, you will do more harm than good."