In Memory of Maria Saramago

Today I woke up feeling like something was missing. I know, the sight of my mom. Sitting at the table next to my dad eating breakfast feels empty without my mom. Today is easily the most saddest day of my life, and I can say the same for my dad. He wouldn't eat or say anything. He was ready in his black suit, same goes for Ramallo. Olga had on this black dress that reminds me of the Victorian era. Me, I am wearing a black dress and heels with minimal makeup and my hair tied in a braid.

"Vilu do you have your eulogy ready? I know I forgot to mention it to you last night, but I thought Ramallo may have reminded you

"Vilu do you have your eulogy ready? I know I forgot to mention it to you last night, but I thought Ramallo may have reminded you." [German]

"Don't worry dad he did. And yes I have it ready. Actually, do you know if at the service they have a piano there." [Vilu]

"I think they do, off to the right of the stage." [German]

"Great, I am going to need it for my eulogy." [Violetta]

"Well it's going on 7:30 a.m. we need to be leaving here in five minutes. Ramallo please start the car." [German]

Ramallo went to start the car, Olga gathered her belongings, I gathered my belongings, and so did my dad. We all got into the black SUV and headed towards the funeral parlor.

Everyone arrived about a quater to eight. When I mean everyone, I mean everyone of mom and dad's friends that dad had invited the night before. Including my grandma and my aunt you had traveled from Spain was here on time. They looked exhausted, but they made it on time.

We were all seated; I was in between my dad and Angie, my aunt, and we were of course at the front row. Angie was the first person to speak and then it was me. My dad just wanted us two to say something because I know he wasn't able to say anything without falling apart and he didn't want five people speaking because it would have been too long and too emotional.

Angie's Eulogy

My sister was the person I admired in life. The most talented and successful one out of the two of us. To me she wasn't just my older sister, but my best friend. *Cries* To many of us she was someone we could trust. Maria had the most gracious life; an excellent career, married to a man she truly loved, and a proud mother.

I got jealous over the life she had, she simply had everything. I'd asked her one time, How was she able to do it? Her response was something I could never forget, Everything she did was out of love. Being a daughter, sister, friend, singer, wife, and mother was everything she wanted from life and she had it. Everyday she did what she did because she loved who she was and what she did. How could she have ever complained. She wouldn't have traded anything else then who she was; a loving daughter and sister, a loyal friend, a loving wife, and a loving and caring mother.

That same day I made a promise to her, that if anything were to have happened to her that I would be there to look after her family. That German would always be happy and to fall in love again. For Vilu to always be taken care of, to achieve her dreams and goals, find her passion, to be guided and to never forget that her spirit will be beside them all the way. *More cries*