You Forgive Them (Raphael)

You couldn't believe you were back here. No matter how many times you told yourself you wouldn't come back, you did. Now you were going to see him again.

~~~~~~

It has now been six months since you had seen Raphael. Since anyone had seen you. You had left the institute for the one in Dubai. It has been great. You made a lot of new friends and even got a new boyfriend. Your life was great.

You never got out of contact from your brother or your other friends back in New York. You talked to Isabelle the most because she experienced some relationships with downworlders so she was able to help you deal with your heartbreak.

"Isabelle, how are you?" You asked as she just called you out of the blue.

"Y/N you need to come back to the New York Institute!" Isabelle said in panic and worry.

"Why? What is happening?" You asked. So far nothing bad has been going on. Not that you know of. You thought Jace kept you in on everything.

"Raphael. Something is wrong." She said. You knew she cared for him because the two shared something after you left. It made you a little upset that someone who was almost like your sister got with your ex but after a while you could care less about it.

"Okay." You said. Your heart stopped a little from her mentioning his name. The name of the man that broke your heart.

"We need you to come back and talk to him Y/N." Isabelle said in a pleading tone.

"Why Isabelle? He clearly won't listen to me. He even cheated on me." You said as tears began to form in your eyes at the memory of him in bed with another girl.

"Y/N please. I wouldn't have asked you if it wasn't urgent. He hasn't been a good leader. He was the only one who could get his clan to listen. Without him the vampires have committed so many crimes. They have grudges against the Clave. Please come back and talk to him." She explained to you with sorrow in her voice. You paused, thinking about what you were going to do. To not come back and live a happy life. Or to go back and be faced with someone who practically ruined your life.

"Fine. I will book a flight right away." You said with a defeated tone. You finished talking with Isabelle then hung up the phone. After placing your phone down,you rested your head in your hands trying not to regret making the decision to come home.

~~~~~~

The flight home was long, but now you were home. You stood in front of the institute when a group familiar people had stepped outside. Alec, Isabelle, Clary, Jace, and Simon. They continued to talk until one turned their head and saw you.

"Y/N." Simon said as he turned his head. A wide smile appeared on his face.

"Hey." Was all you said. They all ran over to you. Giving you hugs.

"How are you doing little sister?" Jace asked.

"Better now that I'm with you guys. I missed you all." You said happily.

"You should have never left." Alec said with s serious tone. He always believed that you shouldn't have ran away from your problems. You were a shadowhunter and you had to be strong. No matter what life threw at you.

"Okay, you guys. Let me take Y/N inside so she can unpack." Isabelle said interrupting. You were grateful because you didn't know what to say after Alec said what he did.

~~~~~~

"So how was your flight?" Isabelle asked. She decided not to talk until you were done packing.

"It was good. A few delays but it was good." You answered, putting your last outfit away.

"How is your boyfriend?" She asked as if the guy was a curse.

"I had broken up with him a month ago." You simply stated with a shrug of your shoulders.

"Why?" She asked.

"He had all these great things going for him. I couldn't be with him if I had my mind on other things." You stated. Which was true.

"So you still care about Raphael?" She asked with a smile.

"In a way, yes." You answered. She stood up and took your hand.

"Then let's go see him right now Y/N." Isabelle said.

~~~~~~

That is how you ended up here. Back at Hotel Dumort. To see Raphael Santiago.

"Come on Y/N. Just go inside." Isabelle said, a smile of encouragement, but all you did was shake your head.

"I'm going back to the institute. I can't do this." You said before turning to walk away. Once you did the back door to the hotel opened, then you heard a voice you haven't heard in a long time.

"Isabelle? What are you doing here?" Raphael asked her. You slowly turned around to look at him. When you did his eyes met yours. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Y/N" He said.

"Raphael" You said back.

"You came back." He said with an emotionless face. Like he was battling his emotions.

"I did because Isabelle said something was wrong." You said crossing your arms. Nothing seemed to be wrong with Raphael. So why did Isabelle tell you that. You thought for a moment, then your blood began to boil a little at the realization of what was happening.

"Isabelle!" You said angrily as you turned to see Isabelle with a grin on her face.

"I had to get you back here somehow. I will be going now so you both can talk." She said before leaving. Once she did, you didn't know whether to leave or to stay.

"Y/N..." Raphael began to say, but trailed off.

"What Raphael?!" You snapped.

"Let me explain." He said.

"How can you explain what you did? You hurt me. Broke my heart. I loved you. You made me cry in my room for days! Made me move to another institute! Yet I came back for you!" You yelled at him as tears streamed down your face.

"I regret what I did for the last six months. I can't give you a real reason why I did it, but I regret it and would take it all back if I could. Please Y/N give me another chance. I love you." He said finally showing the emotion in his eyes. He was hurt.

"I don't know." Was all you could say and look down at the ground.

"Please." He pleaded. You looked up at him and walked over to him with a small smile on your face.

"You better not make me regret this." You said before hugging him then giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Comment.

Follow.

Vote.

Make a request.