His Electric Feel Part 6

The morning of my dad's funeral had arrived. The morning of Trace Grande's funeral had arrived. Don't think about it, don't think about it, please don't think about it I kept repeating to myself until it became a comforting mantra. I proceeded to put on the formal mourning outfit that was always worn by family at an Elemental's funeral. For women, it consisted of a black dress that covered the entire body. A thin lace with an intricate design of black roses layered over the thick material of the dress. Wrapping my hair on top of my head into a tight bun, I placed the veil of blackness over my face. It was time to do the required make-up. It consisted of all black. Black eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara adorned my eyes. Looking into the mirror, my throat tightened. Images of my mother's funeral began playing in my head. Right after the ceremony, I had left. If things went according to plan, that's exactly what would happen today.

I heard a small knock on my door. The form of Raiden in all black with a black orchid corsage was revealed as I opened the door.

"Hey, I'm here to escort you to the limo." He said offering me his arm.

Taking one last look at myself in the mirror, I took his arm and followed him out the door. Today, I planned on being the perfect young women. I was not going to let people be ashamed of my father or Tyson because of my idiotic behavior.

"Van told me what happened last night." I could tell Raiden wanted more information, but he wasn't going to get it from me.

"Yes, I was being inappropriate last night and Tyson was absolutely right in calling me out for it." God, I sounded like an old shrew. Raiden was not going to buy this at all.

"Torah, seriously? Come on, we used to be best friends. I know you pretty damn well, and that's not something you would say."

"Maybe, but that was before both of my parents died and I made an ass out of myself in front of all my Father's colleagues." I couldn't fake it anymore. "Raiden, please this is my attempt at coping with my life right now, so just let me act like the perfect daughter, sister, and Elemental for now. This is the one thing I can control, so please let me." I genuinely asked him.

Abruptly, he stopped and pulled me into a tight hug. "Don't be ridiculous. You are perfect Torah and everyone here is about to see it." I let my body relax into him and let the smell of the sea consume me.

"Are you using your powers on me Raiden?" I flashed him a small smile still in his arms.

"Water calms people down Tor, I can't control the affect I have on you." He returned my smile and we continued to the limo.

Slipping into the sleek car, I saw all of the guys were there and we headed to the cemetery. The cemetery. The last time I had been there was for my mom's funeral. Don't think about it, don't think about it. I felt a cool hand slip into mine, and I knew it was Raiden. I rested my head against his shoulder while trying to regain my composure. It was then that I started to look at the others. Tyson was sitting with his hands intertwined with Genevieve's. They seemed to be in a deep conversation. Auggie and Grazon looked like hell from last night. They both gave me nervous smiles. I just let out a small laugh.

"Water under the bridge guys, water under the bridge." They looked so helpless. I just had to let them know that I could never stay mad at such innocent gentleman.

"Girl, you alright." Auggie replied in a trashy voice. It earned him a laugh form Raidon, Grazon, and I. But not Van.

Taking a deep breath, I looked straight across from me to see him intently staring. There went that deep breath until I saw he wasn't looking at me, but at Raiden. His jaw was clenched. Turning my gaze to Raiden, I saw what looked to be a silent conversation between the two. Just then, Tyson addressed us all.