Task Six: The Fallen

<><><>  

8. District 6 Male: Train Wreck

A boy who'd constantly been searching for his true identity during the games had just been getting used to being Thomas Walker when he realized life wasn't worth living anymore. During his brief call with Cord, the boy had barely been able to keep breathing, only to learn Panem was dying right alongside him. As he backed into the cart, confronted with an image of a fallen comrade, the pistol found its way into his grasp, and the bullet found its way into his head. Those who'd rooted for Train pitied him; others wished for the same, quick fate in their disintegrating world.

<><><>

7. District 2 Female: Aemilia Cassius

The girl from District 2 who'd always aspired to be the same Career her sister'd been was granted one last encounter with her family before the manifesting sickness within overtook her. And though Aemilia had been showered in praise and faced such confidence, she couldn't tell them she loved them with all her heart. Few distinguished the faint question in the statement in her words, but the girl's reaction at the call's completion was telltale. Their encouragement wasn't enough to keep the plague from overtaking her once and for all; one revulsion became another. Her heartbeat ceased shortly after, still plagued with unrest.

<><><>