36. Through Bad Times

Start from the beginning

"You're so sweet but I don't know if I wanna do that."

He raised an eyebrow signaling that he was asking why without actually saying it.

"I know how I am when I get high and it's not just hungry for food." Aaliyah said rolling her eyes.

Unfortunately, Lau didn't catch on right away. "What do you mean?" He tilted his head "Not just hungry for food.." he said slowly. Aaliyah gave him a blank stare. "Not just... OH!"

"Slowness." She rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. But hey I don't have a problem with that either." He smirked. "It's been a while for that."

She sorted through the stack of bridal magazines on her bedside table. "It really hasn't been that long. Don't know why you're over exaggerating."

Laurent looked at her in disbelief. Did she really believe the words coming out of her own mouth? "The last time we had sex was when we made Lehlanie and that was a accident."

"No it wasn't. The night you proposed to me?" She questioned. "Wasn't that the last time?"

"You wouldn't even let me touch you long enough for that. You were hiding your stomach from me."

Aaliyah sat and thought about it for a moment. Maybe it has been a while since they've been intimate.

"Oh whatever. I don't know if I want to do it or not." She got up and walked into the bathroom before he could start asking questions.

She turned on the shower and threw her clothes in the hamper. She walked past the mirror and turned on her speaker to listen to music and straight into the shower without even giving it a glance. As the hot water ran down her body she thought about what Lau said. It really has been a while and she was surprised that he didn't lose interest after all this time. It was a strange reason that Aaliyah doubted that her and Laurent would be together this long. It was just like a dream to her and she was waiting to wake up and have reality hit her.  Her dream was reality though.
She washed her body, carefully washing over her piercings so that her loofah wouldn't get caught on one, then she washed her hair all while singing to the music that was on. Not that she couldn't relax before, but she was very relaxed now.

She got out and dried off then wrapped a towel around her hair. She wiped the fog from the mirror and looked at herself. "Okay.." she breathed. She turned to the side dropping her towel and looked at her shape. "I still have ass so i'm good on that." She smiled.

"My boobs," she faced forward. "Good as always. I just need to gain a little tummy weight back. I got this." She said reassuring herself.

-

Shakel was sitting in kitchen staring into the cabinets looking for something to eat when Aaliyah walked through the garage door and into the kitchen with grocery bags in her hand.

"Hey, its like 3 bags left can you grab those?"

"Gotcha." Shakel responded walking toward the door. It only took her a few seconds to grab the bags and come back in the house. "Are you making something?"

Aaliyah was grabbing stuff out of the bags. "I want to make some jerk chicken, griot and rice and peas. Oh, and some fried plantain."