Chapter 9.5: Revelations

Start from the beginning

"The same trick will not work on me twice, young one."

"It is Ari."

Cyrus cut his eyes back to him.

"My name... It is Ari. Tell me yours."

Ari kept his eyes locked onto Cyrus', waiting for an answer. After a couple seconds passed, Cyrus pushed Ari down onto the bed. He sank one knee in between Ari's legs and hovered over him with a smile splayed across his face. It made Ari's heart twist in his chest.

"I do not know whether you do this purposely or not... but you are tempting... yet again and I do not quite know why when you drool so much. It is not cute."

Ari opened his mouth to speak but he was overcome with a heat trailing up to his cheeks and ears.

"Still, I think your eyes are quite pretty, and the way you laugh... " Cyrus trailed a hand down his chest before moving away from him.

"It is Cyrus," Cyrus said when he rose from the bed. There was some sound coming from upstairs. Soon they heard footsteps going down the stairs and the back door slam shut. 

"That demon up there is going off somewhere and I mean to follow, if you may wonder where I will be off to." As soon as he found his pants he put them on and left out the room, causing Ari to close his eyes and will his heart to stop beating as fast as it did. Any compliment from Cyrus seemed like an impossible thing coming from his lips.

Ari started looking for his clothes then well aware of his nakedness. He felt sticky, but a bath would have to wait until he was dressed and ready to go up the stairs. As soon as he found his pants, he put them on. His shirt was nearby, so he quickly put that on right after. Each article of clothing he put on reminded him of one short moment from last night. It made him sigh and shake his head. Cyrus' hands were as gentle as they always were and they made him feel good.

Ari did not quite understand what Cyrus meant by what he said. In truth, Ari did not mean for those things to happen. He just wanted another warm body close to his own. He wanted someone to soothe his heart and mind with thoughts of some other things like Freir had always done when he was younger. Ari did not expect that, but he welcomed it nonetheless. Cyrus did not seem to be willing to share anything with him at a time, not Auovin, his time, or his body, but that had changed. That very thought brought a smile to his face.

He left the room and headed for the stairs, hoping Sai would not be around. Slowly, Ari crept up the stairs and headed for the washroom to start on a bath. Just before he could enter inside, Ra came out with wet hair that looked as red as a fire. Water dripped down in his just before he could move the strands from away his face.

Ra eyed him before they fell down his neck to his clothes and then back up to meet his eyes again.

"So how was it?"

Ari continued to look at him.

"Do not play dumb with me. We are friends, after all. We tell each other such things."

"Do we now?"

"No one in the Khaeo really follows such rules any longer. The priests are the most disgusting out of the lot of us, so no need to feel shame."

"You are not... "

"Gods, no. Living with a gorgeous demon who does not like sex was enough to make me want to go find it elsewhere. So be at ease with me and tell me... how did you like it?"

Ari nibbled on his bottom lip for a bit before he broke out into a smile.

"I am sure there is more awaiting you, but I would be cautious. He may like you but the other one... "