Chapter 41

Crys ran through the whole house. I stretched getting ready to go check on Belle.

"Don't worry boo, I'll check on her aite?"Tristan slurred. He yawned before walking up to the crib. 

I smiled at the scene. 

I stepped quietly up to them and put my arms around his waist.

"Go back to sleep babe; I told you I'll look after her. Relax yourself." He turned around and kissed my forehead.

"No, let me look after her. You've got work ina few hours" I stated.

"Its the most I can do. You deserve rest you gave me a beautiful family." I nodded. I looked at Narayah who had fallen asleep with her thumb in her mouth. I took it out and replaced it with a dummy.

"Put her down, Trist" I said. He was scared that she could have a cotdeath. I would wake up to see him sitting beside her crib.

"Nah, its cool" I shook my head and slowly took her out of his hands hugging her to my chest.

"I jinxed her didn't I?" I turned around to see him sitting on the bed running his hands through 

"What'd you mean baby?" I said while placing my daughter in her crib and sat beside him. 

"I jinxed our baby girl. She's going to die of cotdeath." He said as tears ran down his face. 

"Why are you talking like this? Stop! She's fine. She'll be fine" I said while hugging him.

" I don't think I've ever told you, but I was in high school and I was messing around with some trick. Found out she was pregnant. I was gon' be a father. She had my daughter, my first child, my baby girl. We named her Narayah. A month after my baby was born. Chrissy disappeared- my baby mother. left me with a month old baby. I didn't know how to look after her. I woke up one morning and walked to the crib. She was dead. Cot death. I jinxed our daughter, she's gonna die.". Tristan said. 

I felt my body tense up and freeze, 1million thoughts ran through my mind, is my baby jinxed? Is my baby gonna die? Why would he do that? Is he sick.. I looked at my baby and backed away, I couldn't see my Narayah; I could see a pale still child, I saw him come towards me and my mood quickly switched to anger 'move from me now, before I do something I'm gonna regret' but he came to me and held me fighting and screaming, after a few minutes I gave up and stopped 'why Tristan, why? Why would you name my baby after your DEAD CHILD?!'