Twenty-One

Twenty-One

“Just tell me! Come on Lily, tell me!” I said as I fed Emi.

“Don’t call me that.” Khalil said. “And why’d you want to know where I work for? So you can hustle me out of buying you food? I think not.” I laughed.

“Of course not my good friend. I would never do that.” I said as Emi stared crying. I dropped the phone and walked around rocking her.  “Come on Emi. Stop crying. Stop crying for mummy.”  I said while rubbing her face. She stopped and I placed her carefully in the rocker. I grabbed my phone and sat on the floor next to the rocker, rocking her slowly.

“Who was that?” Khalil asked

“Who was who?” I asked.

“The little one that was crying.”

“Uhm…err. My little sister.” I felt guilty as soon as it left my mouth.

“Oh but you said stop crying for mummy.” He said once more.

“So? Gosh, just stop trying to change the subject. What’d you work as?” I said feeling agitated

“Aite, calm down Rockelle…Work part-time with a tutoring company. Part-time college.” Khalil said as I heard shuffling in the background. “Sorry about that, just my little sister and cousins, messing around outside.”

“Oh that’s fine and you should help me with my coursework. It’s hell!” I said followed by laugh.

“Come then…I need something to get out my house anyway.” Khalil said followed by my shuffling.

“I was joking Khalil.” I stated.

“But I aint. Meet me at the library and we can make our way back to mine.” He was actually being serious.

“Why don’t I meet you at KFC instead?” I said while standing up.

“What so I can buy you food?”

“Basically! I’ll be there in 10.” I hung up and looked down at Emelia to see her asleep.

“My baby…” I whispered while getting ready.

I pulled on my Nike jogger bottoms and Nike hoodie. The only thing that actually seemed to fit me now a days. Tracksuits

I quickly pulled on my high-tops and walked downstairs with Emi.

“Malakai!” I screamed as I saw him sitting there with flowers in his hands.

I put Emelia down in her Moses basket before jumping on him.

“ROCKY!” He said while kissing me softly.

“I missed you. Oh my, I actually really missed you.” I said as I jumped off.

“Who wouldn’t miss me?” Malakai said while laughing. “Aint you going to ask me how France was?”

Him, Hayden and some boys and girls went to France for Malakai’s birthday since it was summer holidays. They bought me a ticket but with no one to look after Emi he had to give it to one girl from school. Keri. I never did like her.

“Uh…I would love too but can I ask you when I get back?” I asked feeling bad.

“What? Where you going?” He asked.

“Revision class.”

“Can’t you cancel it? I just literally got back from the airport. Aint even gon’ home yet.” I could tell he was annoyed.

“I can’t cancel it. That would just be rude.” I said as I packed my bag.

“So you don’t think that it’s rude to just leave your boyfriend? You know what f*ck it. Go. Go learn.” I kissed him.