Twenty-Nine

Twenty Nine.

I walked into my office feeling horrible.

Why did I decide to come to work today? I sat down and opened up my emails.  I had about 10 emails from different clients.

I opened the first one:

Miss Quinns,

I just want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I finally found courage to leave him

I’m leaving with my son and its all thanks to you.

I hope you have a great day, and stay blessed.

Ana.

-

I smiled at myself.

I sometimes wonder to myself why I became and counsellor when I have problems myself.

But then I get messages like that and smile.

I logged off and dropped my things before walking out into the main office.

“Do I have any clients today?” I asked the receptionist.

“Oh yes. Ones coming in half and hour.” I thanked her and walked into Chyna’s office.

She was sitting there painting her nails.

“Hey girl!” Chyna said.

I waved and sat down on the beanie bag.

“You alright?” She asked.

“Fine just fine. Haven’t you got something to say to me?”

“Err...your hair looks nice today.” Chyna said.

“Is that all?”

“Dang, girl what do you want me to say?”

“Seriously?” I stood up and walked out. How could she forget?

 I bumped straight into my boss.

“Oh sorry sir. I wasn’t watching-” I started

“No worries. Can you do me a favour? I’ve got some errand-” I interrupted him.

“Chyna’s free, I’m sure she’ll be happy to do it.” I said while smiling.

“I want you to do it Miss Quinns.” He handed me money and a list of things.

“What the- I mean sir, I’ve got a client coming to see me in 20 minutes. I’m sure anyone else would be more than happy to help you but I’m really busy.” I stated.

“You’re my best employee and I want you to do it. You need a break. Okay?” Boss said.

“Yet you want me to do errands? Well whatever.”  I kissed my teeth before leaving.

*

“Uh, theres an order for Mr Jones.” I said while rubbing my face. The guy behind the desk nodded and went into the back. He came back out with a massive cake.

“Oooh, what flavours?” I asked.

“Vanilla and chocolate.”  It was a 3 tier cake.

“Can I have a fork please?” He gave me a plastic one,

I paid and thanked the guy.

I looked at the list and made my way to the next store. I looked a crossed the road to see a cemetery.