TwentySeven

Twenty Seven

I stood at the sink washing the plate in my hands when I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

“Get off of me...” I whispered.

“What chu say baby?” Tristan asked.

“I said get the hell off of me!” I said before pushing him back.

“Oh dang. Someone’s got their visitor.” Tristan said

“Shut it!” I said as I finished off and walked into the living room to see Toy Story 3 being played with the little sign language person at the bottom of the screen.

I stood in the doorframe and smiled down at my babies.

“So what we eating tonight baby boo? Homie hungry out here!” Tristan said.

“Oh me and my babies already eaten. I aint know what you gonna eat.” I said while facing him.

“Whats going on with you baby?” Tristan said while pulling me out of the room.

“Don’t pull me like that! Cha!” I said while kissing my teeth

“Don’t try me Rocks, I aint in the mood. Just lost some mula.” Tristan said.

“Aint got nothing to do with me. That’s you and your damn business skills!” I said. I could feel tears filling up my eyes.

“Whats going on boo? I swear you acting hella weird.” Tristan said.

“Na’in.” I said slowly.

“You brought it up! Finish what you started Rockelle?”

“Not now. Emi and Asten are in the over room.”

“Finish it.”

“I said not now Tristan!”

“I said finish it.” He said slowly.

I looked at him.

“Leave it man!”

“Baby just tell me.” I could see him getting angry.

“...” I looked at him. Would he?

“How was work baby?” I asked with no expression on my face.

“Fine, please tell me baby.”  Tristan said.

“...”

“For...ARGH! You started this shit, now finish it off. All I wanted was dinner with my beautiful boo and I get this” I could see the veins in his neck popping out. “Acting like a trifling ass bitch”

“Trifling ass bitch? Gottdammit, you cheating on me Tristan?” I said as tears dropped.

“Cheating? Cheating? Where you getting these ideas from?”  Tristan said slowly.

“Chyna been telling me how she seen you, around the block with some trick! Cheating, Tristan seriously?”

“WHAT?! Chyna, Chyna? How you gon’ believe that hoe over your man for 4 years? 4 years Rockelle. Aint that mean shit to you?” Tristan said.

“Argh, forget it aite! Forget I even opened my mouth aite!” I said while walking out.

“Look like someone aint getting laid tonight!” Emelia shouted.

                                                                                *

“Maaaaaa!”Asten said as I fed him.

“Good boy.” I smiled at him and Emelia Rosé walked in.

“Hey Ma, you coming to the meeting at today? We’ve got an hour to get there” She asked while picking up a French toast.

“Sit down and eat Emi.” I said. “And yeah, you best have good results.”

“Hmm...”

“Yeah, I’ll come sort out the business out later on tonight. Aite? Yeah love you too.” Tristan said as he smiled at me.

“Asten go get your shoes okay?” I said while wiping his mouth with tissues.

He jumped down and ran around before going upstairs.

“Morning boo.” Tristan said while kissing my cheek.

“ MmmHmm.”

“You still on this shit?” He asked as Asten ran back in with his shoes in his hand.

“On what shit? Is that your chick?” I asked.

“Chick what chick? That was my mom man!” I ignored him

“I’ve shoes got.” Asten said while jumping up and down.

“It’s I’ve got my shoes Ast.” Emi said while standing up. “I’m gon’ go to the car aite?”

I nodded.

“Good boy.” I said while putting the shoes on for him. “Asten you’re going to go with daddy okay?” I said while moving my hands. He nodded and ran up to Tristan screaming.

“Tristan, you’re taking Asten to work with you okay?” I said while picking my keys up.

“What? Nah, Rocky I’m busy. I’m leaving for work in a sec. You know that.” Tristan said.

“Fo ‘Real? Well I’m busy too so deal with it.” I said before leaving.

*

We were walking down the corridor to Emelia-Rosé’s class. I noticed that we were the only people at the school.

“Where’s everyone else at Emi?” I questioned

“Err. They around somewhere” We stepped into the class and two teachers stood up.

“Miss Quinns, Emelia-Rosé. I’m the head Mr Owens and this is Emelia’s class tutor.” Mr Owens said. I nodded.

“Call me Rockelle. How’s my daughter been doing?” I asked while looking at Emi who looked nervous.

“Erm well we had an exam last week and Emelia got an A+ which is good. But when we looked over the results again, we realised that Emelia had cheated.”  My mouth dropped and I turned to Emelia.

“Sorry but my daughter aint a cheater. She doesn’t cheat. Are you sure it aint that over student that cheated?” I asked

“Were positive. The girl is our top student. Apart from that you should know 6 months back Emelia was suspended 6 months back.” Mr Owens said.

“What?”

“Ma let the man finish.” Emi said.

“No! What was Emelia suspended for?”

“You didn’t know? Well Emelia was suspended for violence against another student.”

“I don’t think we’re talking about the same Emelia-Rose now. My daughter aint a fighter” I said.

“But she is. The girl she was caught fighting with was Kelly. Kelly was in hospital for weeks following the incident.”  I looked at Emi whose head was in her hands.

“Emi...you and Kelandria where fighting? But yous are best friends.”

“Not anymore, just let her talk.” Emi said

“Carry on sir.”

“The suspension lasted for 2 weeks. When Emi was due to return...she didn’t come back. Until two weeks back. Please remember that this incident happened 6 months back.”

“Hmm...”

“Ma...” Emelia called. I ignored her.

“Graduation is 3 weeks away and I’m sorry to say but Emi....will not be graduating from 9th grade.” My face dropped.

“She won’t be graduating? Aite thanks Emi get up. NOW!”