Chapter 45 - Paint A Picture

Start from the beginning

"What?" his voice echoes in the bathroom, causing me to squint and he leans back. "No, Love," he whispers, cupping my cheeks. "I'm not going to die. I plan on being married to you for a long long long long time. You're stuck with me, Mrs. Styles."

"Kiss me."

"Gladly," he leans down and I close my eyes, feeling my heart skip a beat when his lips touch mine.

Our stomachs growl at the same time and we smile into our kiss. He pecks my lips before leaning back and I open my eyes to his.

I think I've just fallen in love with my husband again.

"How do those pancakes sound?" he asks, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Anything sounds good," I say, earning a chuckle as we walk out of the bathroom.

As we get closer to the bed, I hold onto Harry more than I need to just because I can. He's so strong and I feel safe when he holds me. If it weren't for him, I don't know what I'd do, which is funny because he's with me and I still don't know what I'm doing.

Stupid concussion. Why did I have to fall? Wait...why did I fall? Ugh, I'm too tired and hungry to figure it out now.

"Okay, let's get you settled," Harry says, helping me in our bed. He situates a pillow between my legs and I sigh. "There you go, Love," he smiles as he tucks me under the covers. "I'm going to make us breakfast now."

"But I should help."

"You can help by keeping me company," he smirks, reaching for something on my nightstand and he hands me my phone. "Let's talk while I'm downstairs, yeah? It'll be fun."

I agree simply because I really don't know what's going on and his torso is distracting me again.

What do those tattoos mean?

Harry walks over to his nightstand and takes his phone. He taps his thumb on it and my phone vibrates, startling me. I look at the screen and smile as I answer it.

"Hello, Harry."

"How'd you know it was me?"

"I had a hunch," I smile as I nestle my head in my pillow, watching him walk out of our room. "And the hot picture of you helped, too."

"You're adorable, Bea."

"No, I'm not," I roll my eyes into a smile.

"Yes, you are."

"Nope."

"We'll just have to agree to disagree then," he says and I agree, earning a chuckle. "Okay, now where is the griddle?"

"Um, I think it's-"

"In the cupboard," he finishes my sentence and I huff a frustrated breath.

"I was gonna say that," I mumble.

"I'm sorry, Love," he sighs into the phone. "I should've waited for you to answer. Baby, I know this is difficult for you and I want you to know that I'll help you in any way I can. We'll get through this together."

Tears fill my eyes and I have to move my phone from my face. His words comfort my heart and mind and I can't help but smile through my tears.

"Bea? Are you still there?"

"Y-yeah, you just made me cry."

"Oh shit. Please tell me they're happy tears?"

"Yes," I smile, rolling my eyes at his swear word. "Very happy tears."