0.4

I woke up with a pounding head ache and a slightly sore neck. I slowly got up and dragged my way over to my mirror hanging on my door. "What the fuck?" I whispered to myself. On the left side of my neck were two love bites, they looked like they were both the shapes of hearts. I must have messed around with some guy. Weird I don't remember anything like that.
I made my way into the kitchen seeing Luke drinking black coffee and taking some Advil. "Long night?" I laughed at his misery. He glanced up from his cup, "Yeah I hooked up with this hot chick I met." I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat next to him. "Damnit I forgot to grab some painkillers, can you get them for me Luke?" He nodded and stood up taking his cup to refill it. He grabbed the bottle and walked over to me.
Before he could hand it to me, he dropped it and gasped, "Elliana where did those hickies come from?" I looked at him puzzled, "I'm not sure I woke up with them but I can't remember where I got them why?" He sighed, "Fuck it's too late." I huffed, "Luke what is going on explain to me right now."
     He sat down and put his head in his hands. "Fuck. Okay look remember Calum Hood? The fighter from two weeks ago? He's a really good friend of mine but he's got serious problems and he is very dangerous. He's been in jail twice for killing people and being in a gang. Well not just in one but leading one and I'm not going to lie to you I'm in it as well. What the big problem is though he's always talking about finding his boo. Aka, girlfriend or soulmate. That man is incapable of anything but anger though. He's vicious and cold hearted...... and now he's claimed you...." He gulped. I just started laughing, "You can not be serious Luke. I know there's no way you're telling the truth." He looked me dead in the eyes, "Elle for fucks sake I wish I were lying. In our crew the way we settle things is by claiming them, if anyone sees you with that mark on your neck you are royally fucked. There are people who want him dead and they won't hesitate to kill you to get him out of the shadows." It was my turn to get nervous, "How do I fix this Luke?....Am I gonna die?" I started crying. "Fuck no Elle I'll make sure you stay safe but for right now we have to get that covered up and get you to work. I'll drive you there but sadly you need to walk home because I have important plans after." I nodded and got up from the table. "Luke, when were you gonna tell me you are in a gang?" I whispered not wanting to look at him. He sighed, "I'm sorry but I wasn't, I was trying to protect you I know this lifestyle and it's not meant for you. Also, that girl I hooked up with isn't just some girl. I claimed her a few months ago and now she's my girlfriend." He looked at the ground in shame.
All this time he was lying to me and hiding things. I silently walked back to my room putting on my waitressing outfit and covering the marks on my neck. They were still sore but I put up with the pain. Luke sat in the car waiting for me as I pulled on some all white vans and grabbed my purse. The ride was silent and awkward. I didn't even say goodbye as I jumped out and went to work.

-3 hours later-

I finished clearing a table and went to take serve another table. 3 guys sat at it with snap backs, hoodies, and sunglasses on. "May I take your order?" I pulled out my notepad. "Coffee and scrambled eggs." The first guy handed me back the menu. The second guy handed me his, "Coffee and pancakes." The last guy handed my his menu, "Black coffee boo." I gulped and hurried away giving the order to another waitress while I tried to go hide in the bathroom. I was stopped in the hallway. "Where are you going boo." He smirked. I shook my head and looked at the floor. "Look at me and speak up." He said sternly. I looked up and him, "No where." I whispered. "Good answer. Now tell me why you covered up my mark." I cowered away, "Luke told me it wasn't safe..." I whispered again. He chuckled darkly, "Go wash the makeup off right now boo. Before I do it to the other side too." I nodded and walked into the bathroom.
I carefully washed the cover up off with some soap and water. It caused them to become sore again. I walked out of the bathroom. "Good girl boo," he kissed them gently, "Now go show everyone who you belong to." I stared at the ground and went back to serving tables. Taking his friends their orders they whispered something to each other and smirked. "Good luck." One of them chuckled with the same dark laugh as Calum. I went back to working thinking to myself and trying not to cry 'why did he have to pick me....'