21

Trust me Baek, I'm going to get Minseok back safely, with you with me.

Chanyeol's POV

I held Baekhyun firmly behind me, as if Jongdae would be able to take him any second. I had one goal in mind; get Minseok, keep Baekhyun safe, and return with no harm done. But the odds of it happening were small.

But after all, the one I would be facing was him; my brother. What kind of small harm would my own sibling, always connected somehow together, do? Just for the satisfaction of harming others? The purpose of trying to tell me something? It was my decision to leave, but here he is, taking out all frustrations of what is was like to be alone all this time.

Alone...

For all I wanted to do now, was for everyone to get along, for my brother, Jongdae, to not be all alone. Had he been here ever since I left? What has he been doing?

The guilt started to take a turn on me, why did I leave him? Just to try and live a life? That was something I could never have. I always relied on others and grew up without him to believe I had never done anything wrong.

The only reason we're here is because of me.

Jongin, Yixing, Minseok, Kyungsoo, and finally Baekhyun.

Some of my closest friends and the one I ended up falling in love with. All trapped here for one of my decisions. Maybe this is what fate wanted. Should I just accept it?

I'm at a loss for words but there is one thing I must say, "J-Jongdae, p-please."

"What?"

"I know I left you, and you stayed here for so long. It was my fault. Here you were all alone without anyone to help you all these years." I started, "When we were young we would make promises and have secrets. We trusted each other and relied on one another. I know you would never mean to hurt someone, the only reason you would do so was to protect me. All I wanted was to live a life and try to be normal but never had I thought that all this time I was hurting someone else. I..... I.... I took away your life - you're happiness - everything that you had every considered important just so that I could be normal. And look where that got me. All I want is for you to forgive me, I'm sorry, I really am. Just please, let everyone go."

Small tears started to form in the corners of my eyes. Memories of my childhood were being rushed back to me.

I missed him....

I looked up to Jongdae, shock written all over his face. The small smirk and every sense of power or confidence from his face disappeared.

"C-chanyeol, i-i-"

His face started to turn to sadness, tears started to stream down his face. I watched as Jongdae fell down onto his knees, my hopes of acceptance became brighter. Baekhyun stood behind me, clearly shocked at my sudden confession. I felt as if I could get Minseok now. It's now or never...

I waved my hand just so that Minseok could get the idea. He stared at me and then back to Jongdae. Eventually he moved his feet, walking towards me, but stopped. He leaned down and started to comfort Jongdae.

What was he doing?

"E-everyone I'm sorry but, I just can't go. After all, he's already......" Minseok trailed off.

"He's what?" Baekhyun chirped up.

"He's already chosen me. Instead of Baekhyun. Even if I did leave, I would die."

As soon as Minseok confessed, Jongdae's crying ceased. Slowly, Minseok helped Jongdae up. I stood there silently. What does he mean? What does he mean chosen?

"C-chanyeol. I love your apology and everything. I really do. It's just that I had finally found some kind of happiness here. Minseok he... He... He stayed. Even when you weren't. All the time Baekhyun was with me and Minseok wasn't. Minseok found us, a week prior to when you came. Of course he was shocked. But after time, he learned about me. And accepted the way I was. So of course, I chose him, I chose for him to stay with me forever. Sure the process was horrible and he didn't know much about it. But now, he stays with me. Chanyeol I finally found something that makes me happy and I can't just let you take it like you did before." Jongdae said.

I was confused. What process. Why didn't Minseok tell us about this before?

Minseok, who was over with Jongdae, kept his head low. I could tell he probably felt guilty. I understand how he feels. But why?

"W-why? Minseok why?" I questioned.

Minseok looked up to me, an apologetic look on his face.

"I did it because I fell in love. I fell in love with someone who was too broken and needed help. I can't just crush him even more. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to stay here, with Jongdae. Come back if you want, but trust me, I don't know what would happen."

A/N
I haven't updated in forever oops.
Kill me if you want because honestly i dont know either
Bye

-EBH