Land of the Dead

Land of the Dead

[ Entered in the Watty Awards 2014. ]

Remnants of a once great land lay scattered everywhere, replaced by tangled bushes and reanimated corpses. A brother and sister find themselves in the home of complete strangers, who have tended to their very needs after an explosion. The only way to survive is to battle these twisted corpses, find critical resources and a stable shelter. But with the world devastated, they're putting their own lives at risk to find even the most simplest things, such as bread and water. Is there any way of escaping this reality that has become the greatest depths of hell?

This story is copyright. I rightfully own all characters, places and names. Any resemblance to a person deceased or alive, a place, etc. is completely coincidental. I have made up every character, written every word in this book, and the like, and therefore if you dare to even try and steal/copy it you will be prosecuted as it is an illegal act. Critique is always appreciated. Horror and gore is used in this book, as well as mature themes and swearing. If you can't handle gore/horror very well, I advise you think twice before reading.

This story has not been properly edited, and is still in the form of a first draft, so I apologize for any spelling errors that may have been made or the like, including plot holes, etc.

I hope you enjoy the story, and thank you for reading in advance.

~Divulgence