I park Alan's truck on the driveway outside the garage and turn the ignition off. Harry's weak body sits up and I exit the car. He doesn't wait for me to open his door and he wobbles out of the car and shuts the door with both his hands, holding the car for support as he walks to me.

"I can't stand straight." he shakes his head. I walk over to him as he trips over his own steps and I hold him to keep his steady. He throws his heavy arm around my neck and just as I slide my key in the nob, the down stairs light turns on. I look to Harry who looks just as panicked as me and I open the door hesitantly.

I'm met with Alan who's fully dressed with his back facing me. He's looking for his keys. I shut the door and he turns around and jumps back, obviously frightened by my presence. He furrows his eyebrows in concern and slight anger but once he takes in the drunk man beside me, he relaxes. I don't think I need to explain why I left, he's smart enough to figure it out but I know I won't hear the end of it.

"Take him to the guest room and come back." relieved, I lead Harry upstairs and down the dark hallway to the guest room. I turn the light on and shut the door behind me as Harry staggers to the bed.

I'm alone with him, but I don't know what to do. He bends down and attempts to take his boots off but I run to him, "I'll do it." I say tucking my hair that is blocking my vision behind my ear. I grab the heel of his black boot and pull it down, setting his tired feet free. I do the same for the left and I neatly set it beside me. He's watching me carefully, allowing me to baby him as the liquor in his body takes over his blood. I grab his hand and slide the rings off his fingers, holding it in my palm as I take his black leather watch off. I set it on the night stand beside me and he grabs my wrist to pull me back.

"Are you going to sleep with me?"he looks into my eyes trying to keep his open.

"No." I pull away and lift the chain from around his neck off, placing it with his other jewelry. He frowns and looks back down at his fingers, playing with them and picking at the skin around his nails. His shirt smells horrible and I can't let him sleep in it, "wait here." I say and leave him.

I hurry to my room and open my drawer full of his clothes that he had given me. I grab the first piece of material he had ever gave and jog back to the guest room. He's laying on his back against the bed with his arms spread out beside him. He sits up quickly when I shut the door and he smiles.

"You're back!" he beams. His dimples deepen and his pinkish-red lips stretch to form his million dollar smile.

"Can you stand up for me?" I walk to him and tuck the sweater under my arm.

"I can try." he attempts to stand but flops right back down and we both laugh. He's so wobbly and unsteady but I find it cute that he's struggling. I grab his wrists and pull him up. He wraps his fingers around my hips to balance himself while I grab the hem of his shirt.

"Lift your arms up." I order and he follows. I pull the dirty shirt off his body, exposing his inked skin and I toss it beside the door. When I hold his hand to slide it through the sleeve, he grabs hold of my wrist and presses it against his chest. I can feel his quick heart beat but as my hand remains there, it slows down. With my palm pressed against his heart, both his hands are holding it down. His skin is warm and soft, so smooth and I can feel it heating up more.

"Can you feel it?" his thick accent asks me. He looks into my eyes and licks his dried lips.

"I can." I nod.

"Good, because I haven't felt it beat in two days."

Without taking his eyes off of me, I remove my hand and proceed to put the orange sweater on him. He doesn't say anything and I can feel my tears forming. I can't cry in front of him though. I don't want to break down even though I desperately want to. I want him to hold me and tell me not to cry, I want him to kiss the pain away, but for some reason something is holding me back. After dressing him, I unbuckle his belt and pull the brown leather out the hoops and begin to wrap it in a circle.