Chapter 18

Just wanting to make things clear. In the previous edit, I made Xander and Maya's moment. But in this very new edit, they will be executed and probably less. I love Dwayne and Maya. So they will be the most in these new edits. Don't ramble about it because this is my story. I control the casts and how it flows. So if you have problem with that, it's much more appreciate if you'll just leave this story.

Xander will appear back on other chapters. You guys will know eventually what he's up to. For my readers that read the previous edit version, don't get it wrong. It was actually a bit tied up to it. I just wanted to change here and there. Heavy edits. Still my grammars suck. I'm not English anyway but I tried my best.

Lysm xx

E N J O Y

MAYA'S POV

I admit it. I was having so much fun scaring other people. Guess I can't stand of being me the one who was scared of other things. Movies as well. Dwayne made me realized that the fear was actually just a feeling of scared to try, to see, to feel, to discover something we don't want to know. Fear of horror movies. I knew it sounded stupid but I cried if I watched them. Not to mention thunder was the worst. Frankly, I showed them out to the devil. He knew my weakness before I knew his. We reached his house near midnight. Late because he insisted to stop by 24/7 McDonald's to grab supper.

"Sleep well princess. Tomorrow's school."

He slammed his door while me doing the same. Resting my back on the door thinking back about tonight. Far from being irked. Better than other days from bugged off. Maybe Dwayne wasn't that bad at all. Maybe I was wrong. All these assumption that he swept off girls' feet. Biggest heartthrob. There's a deny at the end of it. From the beginning I thought the guy that lived next door was going to make my life getting down to the pit of hell. But story changed in the middle. And will change again at the climax. Who knows? You just have to sit back and watch. But the change won't apply itself if there's no cast. So basically we're the casts. We ran the story. Happy or sad ending it was all up to us. The choice that we made. But what was mine?

What if I say I chose Dwayne?

How did I change my mind so fast? Xander on the other hand was the kind of guy that I actually yearn for. This was so hard to me. I genuinely liked Xander. But it was quirky that he asked me out since the day at the party. Showed me a part of his life. That was meant broken with the death of his parents. That was all I knew about him. And was the only thing he only talked about when I was around.

Dwayne? He's arrogant, a dickhead, a player, bipolar skunk, a cook, loved kids, gave me a lift on downpour, comforted me on thunderous night, showed me scares was just a feeling, and that I finally felt happy? Was it right for me to say that he was still the person that actually too full of himself? Those thoughts kept me pondering the same question till my head felt so heavy. So I plopped on the bed, soon the things lingering around my mind drove me to slumber. Reliving the moment when Dwayne actually casting aside his self prior, and pacified me.

····

I could barely felt the morning embrace if it was not Dwayne waking me up by pulling my blankets off.

"Get up princess. School's in 20 minutes." It boosted me to push myself from the bed, broke from the dream I had last night.

"Shit."

"Ooh the princess cursed."

"Shut up. Get out. I need to get ready." I didn't see him exiting because I was already storming off into the bathroom. Well forgot to tell. The Smith was actually doing a very good job at hosting. The plumber was fixed yesterday and that now I can have my peaceful shower in my own room for the week. My parents will be back on next Wednesday night. Today's Thursday.