Chapter 11

Just a bit of note here. previously, before editing the whole thing, I put in Xander’s POV. But in this new edits, I won’t be putting any of his point of view. It was sort of mistakes by putting it in. So to my readers whom already read about him, I’m truly sorry for expelling his POV. There’ll be a back and forth POV between Maya and Dwayne.

DWAYNE’S POV

I’m a bit disappointed by the night weather. Expecting it’ll rain thunderstorm. So she’s afraid of it. Most girls do. I just thought it’s kinda ridiculous for them to be afraid of it. Because my mom does not. But at the look of Maya, it’s adorable. And a bit strange for me to see somebody afraid of the nature.

Is she sleeping by now? Why do I care so much of what she’s up to. Cranking up my neck to see my front view better, the light’s turn on. She’s awake. Why is she not asleep? Funny thing is I’m hoping she’s not. I grab my phone to dial her. It won’t be annoying to bother somebody in the middle of the night right?

There’s a few ring before she picks up. “What do you want?”

“Can’t sleep I see.”

“What’s the point?”

I peek through my curtain. She’s on her bed with her hand holding a book. “Care to share the story you’re reading?”

“Are you stalking me dickhead?”

“No. You’re too obvious from here.” This time she looks through her window. But with my dark room, she can’t see nothing but a black milieu.

“Freak.” I try to hold my laughter.

“That’s a new one. Come on. Sharing is caring. Tell me about it.”

“Sharing is caring but to you it’s not. It’s bullshitting.”

“Okay here’s the deal. You’ll tell yours. I’ll tell you a book I read before.”

“No thanks. Not even interested.”

“Come on princess. Why you have to be so stubborn?”

“Because talking to you is just a waste of my time. I see no good outcome to talk to you.”

Ouch. That hurts me. “But you are talking to me now. And it’s good to have somebody to talk when you can’t sleep.” There’s a silence. I peek again through the window. She’s not asleep. Just stuck there with the phone in her hand. Her face’s blank.

“If I tell you, then you’ll stop bothering me alright?”

“Definitely and no compromising.” I hear her sigh on the other line. She starts to tell me the story. I’m not focusing on the storyline she gives. But I’m lost in her voice. All this time she’s been talking like a wicked witch. Yells and growls whenever she sees me. I thought she’s for real but then no. She’s a soft one. But not the easy type. All other girls would throw themselves at me. Talk dirty, sloppy kisses but I’ll turn them off when they escort me to bed.

No I won’t do girls that I don’t like. My friends they don’t understand me as well for my being. They insult me for pushing away hot girls. Yeah they’re hot but they did tons of guys before me. I feel like I’m only a medal for them. Isn’t that disgusting?

“.. Dwayne are you there?”

She pulls me from my thoughts. “Yeah keep going.”

“I’m finished. I haven’t read the rest. Your turn.”

I sit on my desk which perfectly facing her room. pulling the curtain at the side a bit to see her rolling on the bed. She’s really expecting me to say my story.

“Okay. Here it is. There’s a girl out of town that this boy met. He wonders why the girl hates him so much that everytime they met, the girl would shut all her blissful side. But he finds it so amusing yet a new thing for him to discover. She reads a lot, not a party person, naïve but she loves her family so much. Although she’s so stubborn, she has her soft side. It’s the only thing she does when she doesn’t know how to react with people she dislikes. She doesn’t know it herself but she chooses to push it away. And he finds it so adorable for her so timid about the nature. He thought it’s ridiculous for somebody scared of thunder. But then he realize they’re just the same human being. It hurts him to know she goes out with his best friend. But he’s no one to tell her not to. He’s confuse about himself for this girl. Deep inside, his subconscious telling him he likes her. Things can’t be that way so he stays there at the small rectangular window watching her subside in her world..”

There’s a noisy silence on the line. “W-what’s the title of y-your story?”

“I seem to forgot wait uhh something starts with deflower? Flower?”

“Ermm that sounds unusual. But your story.. It’s like y-you describing someone..”

“It’s just a story that I’ve read. I’m sleepy. Sleep well princess.” I pretend to yawn and cut off the call. It’s suppose to be cold while it rains but why am I feeling burning hot? The story I’ve told her. It’s true. But there’s a bit of it I’ve changed. It’s not actually a story. I’m telling her the point of view of somebody.

Somebody close to me. I don’t know why I let myself indulge in this complicated feelings. Maya’s one of the complication in my own phrase. It’s a bit of demented vortex when she’s around. I feel obscured. Peeking through again the window, her lights’ off. She’s asleep. Good to know she is. Tomorrow’s Monday. I get to see her in Biology.

····

The road’s still wet due to yesterday’s rain. Maya’s at her front porch, kicking the pedal to ignite her engine a few times. I slide down my car window, with a slow speed passing her. “Morning princess! How’s your day been?” She snaps her head at me with a vicious scowl on her face, keeps on kicking the ignition pedal to get it started.

“Great!” I hear her murmurs and slams her bike. Totally envy her for riding that baby. My parents don’t trust handling the great vehicle. I always wanted one for myself. “Aww princess. Bet it wants you to join me for school today.”

“Get lost dickhead.”

“Welcome aboard princess. It’s cosy, we got a secure roof, AC, and a handsome chauffeur.” She snorts while disengage her helmet. “I’m not getting on your car.” See, this girl is really getting on my nerve. I get out from my car but leaving the door open.

“Where are you going?” She asks as I walk pass her.

“Mr No.. umphh.” She shuts my mouth with her looks horrified by my sudden burst. “What the fuck are you doing?” I pull her hand from my mouth. “Ooh princess cursed. I thought you couldn’t”

“Okay fine!” My subconscious giggles seeing her frustrated.

“I’m sorry what?” Pretending to pick my ear, randomly looking around.

“Fine. I’ll go with you.” Her arms crosses on her chest with her hands balled in fist. I feel like wanting to hold her hand in mine. Her face’s still scowling. Nonetheless it still look adorable. I just chuckle at her and go into the driver seat. She follows me behind and settles down at the passenger’s seat.

“I hate you.”

“Ooh I love me too princess.” My phone rings. It’s Olivia. Why she’s calling me now?

“Hey.” I coldly say. What does she want from me?

“Dwayne! I’m so happy!” Her pitchy squeals make me distancing the phone from my ear.

“Uhuhh?”

“I’m coming there in 2 weeks! What do you say! We could ha..”

“Cool. I’m driving. Talk to you later.” I turn her off.