Chapter 13

DWAYNE’S POV

Lurching over the crowds wasn’t easy enough when people were actually witnessing the mess back there. I don’t know why I was incorrigibly fuming when I saw he’s grabbing her.

Woah hold it. I’m not jealous. I don’t have any feelings for her. It’s just a part of my protective instinct. I don’t like her after all. She’s definitely not my taste.

Maya’s face said it all. She’s obviously doesn’t like the way he’s inviting her. You can tell it by the scrunched up nose. And when I hopped in back there, she was sort of relieved. He hits like pussy after all. We both reach my car and I absentmindedly open the door for her. At first she looks at me surprised. I don’t know why am I doing this either.

“What?” It has been like, 2 second she’s staring at me in disbelief.

“Nothing.” She looks away and hops in. See? She’s all weirdo, staring people for no reason.

I feel like she’s watching me when I walk to the driver seat, then she pulls away when I finally slam the door. We hit the road once I start the engine, leaving Xander’s house getting smaller by distance. Maya shifts uncomfortably in the car while rubbing her arms.

“Here wear this.” Shoving her my jacket that I always have at the back. She grabs it and put it around her. My gas tank is running out since the gas sign goes red.

“Where are you taking me?”

“Gas station. I’m running out of it.” The car ride’s noised with silence when she finally breaks it.

“Thanks.”

“For what?”

“S-saving me.”

“Sorry what?” I heard her. It’s just she’s too afraid to said it out loud.

“Saving me.” Why she speaks so soft when this girl always screams out loud when we talk?

“What?”

“I said thanks for saving me! What happened to your hearing system? Are you deaf or what?” My whole body jumps at her sudden outburst, making me slightly hitting the brake. Her voice can totally wreck my whole car.

“Geez I was just kidding me princess. No need to shout.” But she amused me more by seeing the scowl on her face. I like seeing her pissed.

“Yes indeed I got to when in fact I’m talking to a deaf person. Idiot.” My eyes were back and forth on her and the road. I just need to see more of her when she’s in this mood. It’s tonight’s definition of exquisite. Marvelous variety show played by a single character.

“An idiot that saved you from chaos.” She rolls her eyes at me and looks away. I glint of redness puffing her cheeks. Is she blushing? What did I just say?

“What happened showing at Xander’s party? Thought you were not the party type?”

“I-I can go whenever I wanted to.”

“Really?”

“Y-yeah.” No. She’s not. Quit lying princess. Stuttering just made you more stand out in confessing. Which means by then you’re completely fibbing.

“Well then you’re invited to my next party then. After all, you owe me a shot.” Flashing her a wink but she only pays me back with a gawk. The gas station soon is on sight and I pull over the vacant station.. We both got out of car whilst me filling the tank.

“Where are you going?”

“Do I have to ask you for permission to go to the bathroom?” She turns her back and walks towards the shop. The way she walks tells me she alright with those killer heels. I find myself letting out a hard chuckle when she bends down and takes off her heels, walking bare feet into the shop.